Customer Service Opportunity
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust
Location: City of Bayside
Job Type: Contract/temp
We create extraordinary experiences. We create memories, we take care of our shared heritage. This means careers where we have to innovate and always push for better, and where your perspective is always valued. This is a world where we bring together our love for the natural environment and our care for one another to make a real difference. This is a world where you'll discover something new, every day.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to a Customer Care Team Leader, you will be the face of SMCT, providing guidance and support to our families to honour and celebrate their loved ones as they choose.
In this full time, 12 month position, based at Cheltenham Memorial Park, the successful applicant will demonstrate a passion for consulting face to face with customers, establishing relationships and rapport and maximising sales opportunities. With ongoing training and development, you'll discover a rewarding culture built on shared values, a drive to do your best, and care for one another.
- Act as a brand ambassador by modelling the SMCT values in every interaction with stakeholders, colleagues, customers and members of the general public.
- Provide advice to clients on features, benefits and options available for the purchase of memorials, plaques, graves, mausoleum crypts and memorial book entries and finalise the sale.
- Contribute to the performance of the Sales and Customer Care team by displaying a positive and enthusiastic attitude, showing support and meeting monthly targets and goals.
- Respond to inbound telephone call enquiries and make outbound calls following up on general sales inquiries.
- Welcome and greet all incoming visitors to the SBC Customer Care building in a friendly, courteous and timely manner and direct all visitors to the appropriate SMCT employee within the surrounding meeting rooms.
- Raise quotes, invoices, orders, deeds, cremation certificates and labels.
- Demonstrated achievements in providing customers and stakeholders with an exceptional customer service experience.
- Ability to engage in conversations with customers that builds an understanding of their needs, whilst remaining compassionate and empathetic throughout the sales process.
- Proven ability in developing a sound knowledge of a broad range of products and services and being able to clearly articulate the benefits of these products and services.
- Strong capability to effectively communicate and build relationships with a diverse range of customers and stakeholders (eg. Various ages, cultural backgrounds etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail when completing and submitting documentation, data entry or reporting and confident operating abilities in Microsoft Office Package, specifically utilising work, outlook and excel.
WORKING WITH US:
The following is only a quick snapshot of what we can offer - you won't be disappointed with our benefits.
- Supportive and people-focused culture at a purpose-driven organisation
- Free onsite Osteo
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Programs
- Leadership and Development Programs
- State-of-the-art work environment set among magnificent, natural surrounds
SMCT is an equal opportunity employer, a Diversity Council Australia Member and are proudly endorsed by WORK180, in our ongoing commitment to raising workplace standards for all.
We care for our colleagues and the community we serve. To protect one another it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete background checks, including proof of COVID vaccinations.
For more information on Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust, please visit our website: www.smct.org.au