Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust
Job Type: Not Specified
We create extraordinary experiences. We create memories, we take care of our shared heritage. This means careers where we have to innovate and always push for better, and where your perspective is always valued. This is a world where we bring together our love for the natural environment and our care for one another to make a real difference. This is a world where you'll discover something new, every day.
Working with us
We recognise that our people are our greatest asset and make it our priority to attract and retain top talent by offering excellent working conditions, competitive benefits, and development opportunities. In 2022, we received an outstanding employee engagement score of 87%, with organisational commitment and pride being the leading theme of employee sentiment.
As a valued member of our organisation, you will have access to the following:
- Supportive and people-focused culture at a purpose-driven organisation
- Flexible work options, including flexible start/end times and remote work options
- Free on-site parking
- State-of-the-art facilities set among magnificent, natural surrounds
- Discounts at our award-winning café and florist, as well as our dedicated employee cafe
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Health & Wellbeing Programs as well as leadership and development programs
If you thought you knew what working at a cemetery would be like, it's time to think again.
We are looking for two talented Graphic Designers to join our Marketing team. These are permanent roles in which you will support in establishing and shaping the in-house creative function for SMCT. You will work closely with the Marketing team to craft digital and print designs across SMCT's internal and external channels, while applying your strong creative and strategic thinking skills. We have part time and full time roles available which would suit self-directed individuals looking for flexibility and autonomy, with the opportunity to define your start/end times as well as the on-site/remote work arrangement that works best for you.
- Lead the conceptualisation and design of creative assets, including brand materials, advertising campaigns, print collateral, email and digital media.
- Support in establishing and shaping the Creative function at SMCT, as we move away from an external agency model and bring design functions in house.
- Create designs that are on-brand, engaging and original in response to stakeholder briefs. This includes brochures, event invitations, digital ad creative, eDM and website graphics and onsite signage.
- Establish a strong understanding of SMCT's external customers to create designs that resonate with our target audiences.
- Support various departments within SMCT with their design requirements while working with a diverse range of stakeholders. These include Marketing, Events, Hospitality, Communications, Customer Experience and Operations teams.
- Work with external print vendors to create print-ready files required for print jobs, including signage, posters, flyers, brochures and event invitations.
- Adhere to design specs provided for advertising placements for various channels, including print publications, digital display and social media.
- Tertiary qualifications in Design or demonstrated work experience distilling complex ideas into clear and accessible design work, across print and digital media.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite:
- Photoshop: High-level of competence,
- InDesign: High-level of competence,
- Illustrator: Med-level of competence
- Creative and strategic mindset with an understanding of brand identity, design principles and end-to-end production.
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to work productively with limited supervision and to work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well-developed relationship management skills with a demonstrated ability to work, collaborate and effectively consult with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience with Adobe Premier highly regarded but not essential.
- Photography skills highly regarded but not essential.
- Experience with Canva desirable but not essential.
We care for our colleagues and the community we serve. To protect one another it is a requirement that all successful candidates complete background checks, including proof of COVID vaccinations.
SMCT is an equal opportunity employer, a Diversity Council Australia Member and are proudly endorsed by WORK180, in our ongoing commitment to raising workplace standards for all.
For more information on Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust, please visit our website: https://smct.org.au/