Head of Product - Sports
Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over-delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7,000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. As part of the Flutter Group, we’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 1,000 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look:
About the role
Reporting into the General Manager - Product, the Head of Product – Sports is responsible for ensuring that the experience of using the sports based products on Sportsbet’s platforms is best in class. This role involves leadership of Product Managers and a broad Product Portfolio. You’ll provide overall direction of the Product strategy for your portfolio, driving alignment across Product and driving customer impact that delivers commercial performance. Through senior stakeholder engagement you will also have the chance to promote Product leadership across the business.
The Head of Product - Sports is a key member of the Product team and has responsibility for driving the ‘Stay Curious’ mindset across the team and the business, effectively generating and executing Product ideas for customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead with focus, energy, and excitement, ensuring the Product team is the best place you’ll ever work.
- Contribute to a culture of performance through focus on impact and a bias to action.
- Support continuous learning through coaching, mentoring and hands on technical support, building a standard of excellence for the Product Management function.
- Drive portfolio thought leadership through expert understanding of Product Management, including consumer needs, portfolio strengths and weaknesses, competitor positioning, regulatory constraints and technology opportunities.
- Define Sports Product portfolio strategy, aligned to Sportsbet strategy.
- Identify and validate new product related opportunities, working closely with design and technology delivery functions to execute.
We’re looking for someone with experience leading a team with a customer first attitude and constant strive to improve customers’ experience. You will be passionate, creative and have excellent interpersonal skills. Your self-motivation will give you the ability to work under pressure.
You will also have:
- Strong communication & presentation skills with an ability to convey an idea/concept to build support
- Ability to initiate and drive change
- Good understanding of consumers and business
- Product portfolio leadership, with strong understanding of business drivers
- Strong commercial decision making
- Ability to lead technically complex products
- Commercial ability to produce business case and ROI projections for initiatives and to assess actual performance against projections
- Strong analytical capabilities, ability to identify patterns and convert to recommendations
- Be able to demonstrate experience across all aspects of product design, launch and in market management
- Understanding of how to marry Lean Start Up/ Agile software development practices with customer and business outcomes
- Experience in fast paced/high change and/or growth organisation
- 5 - 7 years in consumer facing online business including 5+ in product management
We work hard and play hard, so along with a very competitive salary and generous performance-based bonus, we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays!)
- Genuine flexible working policy with an $500 work from home office allowance
- Best in class Parental Leave program with 6 months paid leave for Primary Carers and Circle In membership
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets
- TV screens in the office constantly playing live sports, matches and races
- Weekly concierge service including free massages, manicure/nail appointments and soon to be barber – all onsite!
- Daily fresh fruit, sparkling water and Kombucha on tap FREE in the office (did we mention we have a bar fridge for Thursday night drinks!?)
- Access to Headspace App and an employee assist program
- Free merch
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are- that’s why we assess behaviours, learning agility and expertise to ensure all types of experiences are considered for our roles.
Be sure to check out our Life@Sportsbet Instagram page, Life@Sportsbet LinkedIn page as well our careers website for more information and insight into our culture. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review candidates within 1-2 weeks of advertising.
Ready to bring excitement to life? Apply now