Senior Software Engineer - Java & AWS
Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over-delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. We’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 800 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look: https://responsiblegambling.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us
About the role
This exciting role is a key position within our Trading Solutions team, responsible for designing and delivering software solutions while maintaining quality, good hygiene in development practices and adoption of new technologies. Key responsibilities include:
- Champion software quality, integrity, extensibility, maintainability, and reliability throughout the department by designing, implementing, and promoting engineering practices.
- Ownership of DevOps self service, support and operation of infrastructure within AWS
- Ownership of CICD
- Ownership of Automated Testing
- Ownership of delivering Applications & Platforms to meet business outcomes
- The ability to Mentor and Coach Junior & Mid-Level Engineers with technical expertise, systems design & programming knowledge
- Deliver the Strategic roadmap of projects as well as the operational aspects of the estate. Support, Maintenance, BAU and Cost controls in AWS
- Drive the assessment, analysis, planning and design of applications within the estate
- Work with the Tech Lead to foster relationships with stakeholders and refine roadmaps in line with platform capabilities
- Ensure solutions are appropriately documented, supported, and transitioned into BAU
- Own the delivery of initiatives by working closely with the Tech Lead to manage delivery of outcomes within cross functional delivery teams.
- Lead the Technical solutions to Business problems
- Work closely with the Lead Engineers to own and drive Technical Principles and Governance
We’re looking for a curious individual who is pragmatic and holistic in their approach to software development. You are able to work and thrive within a fast-paced high energy environment.
- Experience in major Java frameworks such as Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience in basic AWS concepts and services such as VPC, EC2, ECS, SG, CloudFormation, Cloud Watch, RDS, etc.
- Experience in design and develop highly available, scalable, and reliable AWS based systems
- Familiar with Microservice based architecture and event-driven architecture
- Experience in enterprise application development
- Experience with NUnit and testing automation
- Understanding of CI/CD and relevant tools and technologies such as Docker, Jenkins, Ansible Script
- Familiar with DynamoDB, MySQL and other databases
- Familiar with RabbitMQ or other message brokers
- Familiar with Kafka or other streaming technologies
We don’t expect you to do all this for free, so along with a very competitive salary we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays)
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
- Genuine flexible working and remote working policy
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets and many more
- Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers
Sportsbet is committed to ensuring we create employment opportunities that suit your lifestyle. We’re open to discussing how this role might be performed in a part-time basis
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are.
If this all sounds good, then we can’t wait to connect with you… so please apply now!