Software Engineer (Pricing)
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to build the most accurate sports trading platforms in the world? Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you love creating winning moments for the customers?
At FanDuel, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved online sports gambling brands. Our software engineers use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
As a Software Engineer in the Fanduel Pricing team, you will work as part of a cross functional team that develops, deploys, and supports its own projects and outcomes. You will have the opportunity to work on both big and small projects and autonomously write secure, stable, testable, and maintainable code with minimal defects. As a team player, you will enjoy participating in team design, scoping, and prioritisation discussions.
With several technical projects under your belt, you will understand how to autonomously tackle problems of increasing technical complexity and deliver solutions that enhance our team’s software and technical processes. We use many of the latest technologies, practices, and tools, so you will also need to be comfortable with constantly learning and have a keen interest in your own professional development.
Essential Technical Skills
- .NET / C# experience
- AWS Experience
- Hands on experience in design, develop and maintain low latency APIs and building micro services architecture
- An ability to write and improve on existing suite of unit and integration tests
- Demonstrable experience in owning the components you have built through to production and providing post go-live support.
- Exposure to Unit testing & mocking frameworks (nunit, Moq, NSubstitute or similar) and event driven architecture, messaging, and event bus platforms (Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS Event Bridge or similar)
- Exposure to distributed caching (Redis, Memcached or similar) and CI/CD - Continuous Delivery (GitHub Actions, Octopus, Jenkins or similar)
- Ability to build scalable and self-healing infrastructure in cloud – we use AWS
- Experience in producing high quality code utilising practices like TDD, BDD
- Proactive attitude and adept at collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experienced in working in agile environments using Agile methodologies
- Exposure to high traffic / distributed software systems
- Exposure to high throughput mission critical systems
- Previous wagering industry experience
We work hard and play hard, so along with a very competitive salary and generous performance-based bonus, we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays!)
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
- Genuine flexible working and remote working policy with an $850 work from home office allowance
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets and many more
- Access to Headspace App and an employee assist program
- Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers and Circle In membership
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are- that’s why we assess behaviours, learning agility and expertise to ensure all types of experiences are considered for our roles. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review candidates with 2-3 weeks of advertising.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Ready to bring excitement to life? Apply now: