Data Business Analyst - 12 month fix-term contract
Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. We’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 800 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look: https://responsiblegambling.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us
About the role
As a Business Analyst at Sportsbet you will be accountable for owning early life initiatives, doing analysis to determine feasibility. Acting as a liaison with business, translating their needs into a variety of tech specifications, primarily focusing on data-based business needs and bridge the gap between the Data team and business.
This position will play an integral role within our Data function, focusing on enabling data driven outcomes and impacts how data and AI is used in Sportsbet to evolve data usage. Opportunities to impact the business through:
- Supporting pricing and risk teams through data driven bookmaking
- Enhancing marketing and generosity optimisation through ‘real time’ next best action and experimentation
- Driving a self-service culture
- Industry leading customer safety initiatives via data driven solutions
- Take ownership of early life initiatives to translate ideas into an understanding of feasibility, complexity, scope and high-level understanding of value.
- Partnering stakeholders to drive customer outcomes
- Design and implement appropriate story and backlog management structures for a project or team.
- Play a key role during life-cycle of initiatives, managing stakeholders, communications and outcomes.
- The ability to break complex problems into logical, deliverable solutions, and manage stakeholders of varying technical experience
- Perform detailed technical/domain analysis to help drive the correct solution.
- Lead solution design sessions and ensure appropriate outcomes and drive a solution to most problems without escalation.
- Develop test plans and support in test case generation and execution.
- Plan and facilitate change management activities
- 3 + Years in a similar role
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of agile principles & techniques and the ability to communicate these to others.
- Ability to facilitate various meetings and workshops with wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, including influencing and negotiation up to executive level.
- Proven technical knowledge in data and analytics to assist in driving the right requirements and understanding the landscape. Background in Data driven applications including Machine Learning applications
- Proven experience across:
- Acceptance and Evaluations Criteria
- Backlog Management
- Functional Decomposition
- Non-Functional Requirements Analysis
- User Story Development
- Test planning
- Test case development
Key Perks include:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays!)
- Genuine flexible working policy with a $500 work from home office allowance
- Best in class Parental Leave program with 6 months paid leave for Primary Carers and Circle In membership
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of events
- TV screens in the office playing live sports, matches and races
- Weekly concierge service including free massages, manicure/nail appointments – all onsite!
- Daily fresh fruit, sparkling water and Kombucha on tap FREE in the office (did we mention we have a bar fridge for Thursday night drinks!?)
- Free merch including t-shirts, lanyards, note pads and much more!
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
If this sounds like you then please APPLY NOW!!