Job Type: Full time
Have you got an eye for detail and a passion for developing, executing and evaluating? If so, here’s your opportunity to make a difference delivering a great customer experience as part of our Value team.
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over-delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7,000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. As part of the Flutter Group, we’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 1,000 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look:
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Value, Strategy and Performance, the Senior Value Strategy Analyst will join Sportsbet’s Value Team - the dynamic, curious and collaborative group charged with the design and implementation of the organisation’s industry leading Customer Generosity Program. You will play a critical role in the development, implementation and evaluation of key Customer Generosity initiatives and investment. You will work with digital marketers, product managers, data scientists, commercial analysts and other leaders in their fields to first understand and then deliver the right generosity to the right customer at the right time. The work is interesting – you will find yourself thinking about how we improve Sportsbet’s value proposition to customers to grow our business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform thorough, complex and accurate analysis
- Structure and solve problems from beginning to end.
- Develop conclusions and recommendations that are supported by data
- Design and lead analysis to understand complex business issues.
- Communicate in a range of formal and informal environments in a way that demonstrates strong empathy for the audience and supports desired outcomes and decisions – you will present at the Executive level.
- Develop, validate and refine Sportsbet’s Customer Value Strategy. Work with the Value Team and other key Sportsbet stakeholders to deliver against same.
- Identify, frame and deliver projects that are aligned to strategy and that capture new value and help Sportsbet become more efficient and effective
- Develop test & innovation roadmap for Generosity informed by customer data and industry & global benchmarking.
- Improve understanding of Generosity ROI as basis for evaluating and prioritising future investment.
- Provide guidance & support to junior analysts
- Draw on your technical expertise to upskill others both in using data tools (e.g. SQL) and storytelling using data
- Bring our Play in 3D value to life !
We’re looking for someone with a highly energetic and curious personality, with a passionate for learning and adapting to continually improve. Key to your success in this role will be the capacity to perform thorough, complex and accurate analysis. You’ll also need to be great at solving unstructured problems and communicating clearly. You will value and encourage other’s expertise, efforts and ideas and provide support when things don’t go as planned. You will have experience working in a strategy consulting, investment banking or commercial analytics role
You’ll work hard, you don’t take yourself too seriously and you have fun along the way!
You are excellent at problem solving and using data to test hypotheses, tell stories and influence decisions. Last but not least you will have a love for all things sport!
- Data Storytelling ability
- Knowledge of Wagering
- Strong SQL Experience
- Excel expertise & Office experience
- Power BI /Tableau or alternative experience
- Knowledge of Statistical concepts and experimentation desirable
- Python or R knowledge is advantageous
We work hard and play hard, so along with a very competitive salary and generous performance-based bonus, we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays!)
- Genuine flexible working policy with an $500 work from home office allowance
- Best in class Parental Leave program with 6 months paid leave for Primary Carers and Circle In membership
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets
- TV screens in the office constantly playing live sports, matches and races
- Weekly concierge service including free massages, manicure/nail appointments – all onsite!
- Daily fresh fruit, sparkling water and Kombucha on tap FREE in the office (did we mention we have a bar fridge for Thursday night drinks!?)
- Access to Headspace App and an employee assist program
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are- that’s why we assess behaviours, learning agility and expertise to ensure all types of experiences are considered for our roles.
Be sure to check out our Life@Sportsbet Instagram page, Life@Sportsbet LinkedIn page as well our careers website for more information and insight into our culture. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review candidates within 1-2 weeks of advertising.
Ready to bring excitement to life? Apply now