Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over-delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7,000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. As part of the Flutter Group, we’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 1,000 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look:
About the role
Sportsbet’s Payroll Manager will be responsible for the management of the end-to-end Payroll processes as well as assisting the Finance team with various tasks including month end and forecast requirements.
This role is part of the Financial Control team which sits within the Finance Department. It will oversee all payroll related requirements and will manage a small team to deliver exceptional service to the organisation. Managing the payroll function and staff associated with the processing of all manual and automated payments - including teams that are covered by various legislative Awards
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring correctness, eligibility and timeliness of payments in terms of Awards, EBA’s, Employment Contracts, organisational policies and other relevant legislation
- Creation and management of payroll policies and adherence to these policies
- Overseeing and monitoring annual projects such as issue of performance payments
- Assisting in the design and implementation of enhancements to the organisation’s payroll system and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of current payroll systems
- Managing and supervising payroll staff including training and development and performance reviews
- Ad-hoc reporting for various teams in the business
- Liaising with internal and external auditors
We’re looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in respect to PAYG, FBT, Payroll tax and EEO principles
- Knowledge and understanding of Industrial Award (Clerks Award – Private Sector) / Enterprise Agreements, Payroll System (Affinity is what we use!)
- Experience using HR Information Systems and Australian Payroll Systems
We work hard and play hard, so along with a very competitive salary and generous performance-based bonus, we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays!)
- Genuine flexible working and remote working policy with a work from home office allowance
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets and many more
- Access to Headspace App and an employee assist program
- Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers and Circle In membership
- Free merch!
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are- that’s why we assess behaviours, learning agility and expertise to ensure all types of experiences are considered for our roles. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review candidates with 2-3 weeks of advertising.
Ready to bring excitement to life? Apply now