React Engineer - 6 month Fixed-term Contract
Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over-delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. We’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 800 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look: https://responsiblegambling.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us
About the role
This is an exciting role within our Customer Experience Delivery team, responsible for continued product and platform development of our universal (Web / iOS) front-end by contributing to customer facing code to meet the growing demand of our front-end clients. We're a team of continuous learners, who are fully supported by our leaders to play with a great tech stack, grow and make our professional goals a reality. Our designs have direct impact on our 2 million + customers. We get to see the outcomes of our work every day (and in TV ads!) We love being able to make changes and see it out in the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working as a member of a cross-functional agile development team
- Contributing to the wider development lifecycle by submitting and reviewing pull requests and participating in continuous delivery and release management
- Designing, coding, testing and packaging discrete software components
- Developing valuable functional outcomes in line with best practices
- Modifying & troubleshooting existing and new software components
- Preparing & maintaining technical documentation (e.g. MRPs, solution design documents)
- Working closely with stakeholders around what you are developing
Sportsbet is committed to ensuring we create employment opportunities that suit your lifestyle. We’re open to discussing how this role might be performed in a part-time basis.
We’re looking for highly motivated individual, who is delivery orientated and able to work and thrive within a fast-paced agile and high energy environment.
- You have proven experience React JS AND/OR React Native
- Exposure to AWS and TypeScript would be beneficial
- Commercial experience in creating Single Page Applications, knowledge of adaptive and responsive web design principles
- A good understanding of NPM and package management
- Advanced CSS and complimentary extensions like SASS, LESS, TypeStyle, and FlexBox
- A strong focus on unit testing, integration testing and automation
- Experience in Microservice architecture beneficial
- Experience building, testing, supporting and enhancing RESTful APIs using Node.js and Java Spring Boot, and delivering them continuously with CI/CD pipelines advantageous
- We are looking for somebody who is self-starting, passionate about working with our stakeholders to build and deliver amazing customer experiences!
Sportsbet is committed to ensuring we create employment opportunities that suit your lifestyle. We’re open to discussing how this role might be performed in a part-time basis
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are.
If this all sounds good, then we can’t wait to connect with you… so please apply now!