Principal Geotechnical Engineer - Auckland
Job Type: Full time
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
The opportunity | Ko te āheinga
You'll join a team of geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the national geotechnical group and global community. You’ll be involved in a range of engineering projects in transportation, and water and wastewater infrastructure throughout New Zealand and Asia Pacific.
A typical week could see you overseeing site investigation planning, carrying out geotechnical assessments, designing retaining walls, foundations, slope stabilisation measures, ground improvements or pile design, delivering detailed technical engineering reports and managing the construction of these structures. You'll provide advice to clients and provide input to successful project solutions. You'll provide high-end advice to clients and lead and develop innovative and successful project solutions. Mentoring, training and developing other members in the team will also be a key part of the role.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Determine internal and external client requirements
- Provide quality check and review experience to an appropriate technical standard
- Provide geotechnical expertise to meet project needs.
- Plan, program and coordinate geotechnical project inputs
- Provide client facing geotechnical interface for geotechnical work in the Hawkes Bay region
- Develop strong working relationships with clients.
- Network and build business relationship with key counterparts in the Stantec business globally
- Assist marketing Stantec geotechnical capabilities to current and potential future clients
- Maintain knowledge of the local market to contribute to the success of the business
- Manage and maintain own base project workload and utilization to expected levels and standards
- Assist the Geotechnical Discipline Leader in the technical development of the wider Geotechnical team
- Prepare proposals and carry out other appropriate internal/external marketing initiatives as required.
- Develop and mentor junior staff.
Principal Geotechnical Engineer - Auckland
About you | E pā ana ki a koe
We're looking for Engineering NZ CPEng accredited geotechnical engineers with senior level geotechnical experience of 12+ years. You’ll be familiar with NZ/ Australian codes of practice for designing NZ structures, retaining walls, reinforced soil slopes, ground improvements and seismic interactions. Plus, you will have experience with earthworks, slope stability, risk assessments, foundation design, interpretation of investigation results, developing reports, specification and drawings for mainly water and transport infrastructure, but not exclusively. Additionally, you will show continued learning and development in industry practice, and you'll also need a track record of managing client relationships and winning work.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
What we offer | Nga huanga mōu
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time working
- Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
- Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
- Professional Memberships
- Mental Health & Wellbeing programs
- Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
- Service Recognition Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply | I pēhea ki te whakauru
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
Applications close Monday 30th January 2023
About us | E pā ki a mātou
The Stantec community unites approximately 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.