Principal Geometric Designer
Job Type: Full time
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
As part of Stantec’s multi-disciplinary transport services, our Rail advisory and engineering sector is booming. Our rail services cover areas of network planning and operational modelling, systems assurance & engineering, project management, track & civil, signals & communications, overhead and traction power engineering.
We have an opportunity for a Principal Geometric Designer to join our Perth based team. Reporting to the Rail Team Manager, you will lead complex geometric design inputs to projects and coordinate all multi-disciplinary activities and inputs by the technical team to ensure an integrated technical solution.
Your responsibilities will include
- \tCivil Rail track design
- \tDetailed analysis and review of models, designs and associated computations
- \tCoordinate design and plans for works in accordance with technical standards and quality procedures
- \tLead complex geometric design inputs to projects working alongside our most senior design managers and project managers
- \tWork on detailed designs and calculations across a variety of transport related infrastructure projects, both urban and rural
- \tCollaborate closely with project ream, managers, leaders and members of the organisation to achieve a coordinated approach to delivery projects
- \tWork inclusively with clients and key stakeholders during the development of technical solutions and project outcomes that create value for clients and provide Stantec with a differentiator in the market.
- \tPlan, program and coordinate studies, investigation, design and construction management projects, as Team Leader or Project Technical Lead, to deliver the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to quality standards.
To be successful you will display –
- \tSignificant experience in geometric design, ideally in consulting
- \tDemonstrated experience in 12D or Open Rail software
- \tKnowledge of local rail standards, codes and best practices in the Australian context
- \tTertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- \tExperience in identifying and developing business opportunities
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
- \tFlexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts.
- \tLearning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
- \tMentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
- \tProfessional Membership fees
- \tIncome Continuance Insurance (ICI)
- \tService Recognition Awards
- \tEmployee Assistance Program
Principal Geometric Designer
Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering, Design
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-Western Australia Perth