Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
We are a major provider of electricity and energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy customers throughout Australia.
We care. We adapt . We deliver . These values underpin the decisions that we make, the actions that we take and the way we interact with each other. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we ‘ll contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and deliver on our energy and social obligations under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan.
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
About the role:
The Category Specialist - ICT will partner with our Information and Communication Technology function with a charter of delivering innovative commercial outcomes within a dynamic energy landscape. This role will report directly to the Procurement Portfolio Team Leader, ICT.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop Sourcing Strategies, Category Plans and Procurement plans focused on optimal outcomes across the ICT Procurement Portfolio.
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical and supply chain risks to minimise negative impacts on category objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
- Actively manage appropriate sourcing strategies, supply market risks and opportunities so as to ensure delivery of “best value for money” outcomes.
- Negotiate directly with suppliers and contractors during the tender process or where difficulties arise following award with regard to acquisition methods, pricing, deliveries or product specification.
- Managing key stakeholders from the earliest stages of the process to facilitate optimum outcomes for both project and operational needs.
This is a full-time permanent position located at our Brisbane CBD Office.
- Extensive sourcing experience particularly in relation to ICT activities.
- Knowledge of ICT contract considerations. Experience establishing general and comprehensive QITC arrangements is highly desirable.
- Operational experience in the development and implementation of category management plans for complex goods and/or services contractual arrangements for corporate and site operations within asset intensive industries such as Utilities, Mining, or Manufacturing with a focus on ICT procurement including sourcing a broad range of software, hardware and services.
- Proven ability to consult and develop productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to apply commercial acumen and good judgement to effectively formulate and deliver procurement solutions.
- Degree qualifications in business, commerce, law, or equivalent working experience.
- Strong written communication skills, with experience producing documents for an executive audience.
- Good level of business, contractual and financial literacy.
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Centrally located in Brisbane CBD
- Weekly pay
- Incentive scheme
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives available
- Access to learning and development on and off the job.
- IP/TPD insurance units for Brighter Super members
- Plus, a whole lot more!
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 28 March 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.