Cyber Security Graduate
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
We are on the hunt for our next cohort of graduates that will be shaping the future of the energy industry. It is an exciting time to join our industry and Stanwell’s Graduate Program and grow and develop under the guidance of industry experts.
About the position
This is your opportunity to be part of the future of electricity generation in an exciting Cyber Security Graduate Program that is designed to accelerate your career.
Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Assist with operational security tasks including the cyber security operation queue and scheduled cyber security activities;
- Assist with ad hoc cyber security projects/tasks;
- Be involved in incident response by assisting with:
- Initial triage and response to cyber security incidents;
- Capture evidence for forensic assessment;
- Document/reporting of cyber security events and incidents where appropriate;
- Assist and contribute to the development of cyber security processes and procedures and other operational cyber security documents;
- Work with other Stanwell Teams to assist with:
- Identifying, selecting and implementing technical controls;
- Contributing to Stanwell Cyber Security Working Group;
- Researching ways to detect, protect or respond to internal/external cyber security threats;
- Assist with cyber security monitoring of Stanwell assets;
- Assisting with auditing and cyber security testing; and
- Be involved in assisting with administrating security tools by:
- Ensuring cyber security controls are enabled and maintained;
- Researching and keeping up to vendor best practice.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with a base salary of $106,196 in your first year, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- A passion for learning with a positive attitude and ability to take initiative to achieve outcomes.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors, subject matter experts and graduate program coordinator.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- Degree in Computer Science, ICT or Engineering (required);
- Be able to conduct and correlate external research from multiple trusted sources;
- Have good time management skills and be able to work to due dates;
- Be confidential and have integrity when dealing with issues; and
- Have theoretical knowledge of:
- Endpoint Detection/Response (EDR);
- Common email threats (i.e. phishing);
- Common cyber security weaknesses.
We are a major provider of electricity and energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy customers throughout Australia.
We care. We adapt . We deliver . These values underpin the decisions that we make, the actions that we take and the way we interact with each other. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we ‘ll contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and deliver on our energy and social obligations under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan.
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 31 March 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.