Commercial and Contracts Graduate
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
We are on the hunt for our next cohort of graduates that will be shaping the future of the energy industry. It is an exciting time to join our industry and Stanwell’s Graduate Program and grow and develop under the guidance of industry experts.
About the position
This is your opportunity to be part of the future of electricity generation in an exciting Commercial and Contracts Graduate Program that is designed to accelerate your career.
Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Assist with commercial analysis linked to contract delivery and performance Support the site based operations team in ensuring contractor performance linked to key performance objectives are on target.
- Support the preparation of papers, presentations and submissions for the operations leadership team.
- Support the development of Procurement and Supply Chain Strategic Plans which complements the Corporate Business Plan objectives.
- Demonstrate understanding of commercial outcomes for complex contracts whilst maintaining good governance and consistency with State Procurement Policies.
- Assist with project development activities including, planning, stakeholder engagement, business transition and change management.
- Assist with preparation of commercial documentation, including confidentiality agreements, memoranda of understanding, lease agreements.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with a base salary of $106,196 in your first year, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- A passion for learning with a positive attitude and ability to take initiative to achieve outcomes.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors, subject matter experts and graduate program coordinator.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Finance, Economics or similar.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to establish team relationships.
- Ability to understand concepts quickly and effectively.
- A logical approach to tasks.
- Excellent computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint would be advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work.
We are a major provider of electricity and energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy customers throughout Australia.
We care. We adapt . We deliver . These values underpin the decisions that we make, the actions that we take and the way we interact with each other. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we ‘ll contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and deliver on our energy and social obligations under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan.
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 31 March 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.