Mechanical Engineer Graduate
Job Type: Full time
We are on the hunt for our next cohort of graduates that will be shaping the future of the energy industry. It is an exciting time to join our industry and Stanwell’s Graduate Program and grow and develop under the guidance of industry experts.
About the position
Two Mechanical Engineering graduate positions on offer
This is your opportunity to be part of the future of electricity generation in an exciting Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program that is designed to accelerate your career.
What does the program include?
- Investigating and make recommendations to correct plant failures.
- Interpreting and revising drawings and instruction manuals / procedures.
- Using safe plant isolation systems.
- Focusing on plant long term health.
- Ensuring relevant standards are followed.
- Following the Stanwell plant change procedures / process.
- Preparing technical specification if required
- Identifying qualified contractors for implementation of work scopes.
- Preparing cost estimates, assisting to establish programs and budgets
- Providing engineering support to operations and maintenance teams and management
- Active involvement in strategic planning for the station.
What is in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of mechanical plant and mining equipment.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors, experienced mechanical engineers and graduate program coordinator.
- Be rewarded with a base salary of $106,196 in your first year, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need to have a passion for learning with a positive attitude and ability to take initiative to achieve outcomes and have:
- Demonstrated understanding of Engineering concepts, principles, methodologies and techniques.
- Well-developed analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Able to logically follow systems and associated processes.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all areas of the business.
- Adequate computer literacy.
We are a major provider of electricity and energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy customers throughout Australia.
We care. We adapt . We deliver . These values underpin the decisions that we make, the actions that we take and the way we interact with each other. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we ‘ll contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and deliver on our energy and social obligations under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan.
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 31 March 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.