Health, Safety And Environment Graduate
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
We are on the hunt for our next cohort of graduates who will shape the future of the energy industry. It is an exciting time to join our industry and Stanwell’s Graduate Program offers the opportunity for growth and development under the guidance of industry experts.
About the position
This exciting graduate program is your opportunity to interact with people at all levels of our business to help drive Stanwell's Health, Safety And Environment (HSE) Strategy.
Some of the requirements of this role in the program include:
- Rotating across our sites - Stanwell Power Station, Tarong Power Stations and Brisbane office - to broaden your exposure to our industry, site representatives and the Health, Safety And Environment (HSE) function.
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data and advice provided to HSE Advisors, Managers and other staff.
- Researching relevant HSE issues as required.
- Reviewing and preparing data for reporting of significant trends and events.
- Assisting in the management of the HSE audit framework / program across the business.
- Providing assistance to develop, implement and audit site and project HSE Plans.
- Supporting the site HSE personnel in the provision of quality HSE services to the site.
- Building internal and external relationships to create influence, to achieve the HSE strategic objectives.
What is in it for you?
- Be rewarded with a base salary of $106,196 in your first year, supplemented by a generous incentive scheme.
- Have access to professional memberships as well as an online learning management system to continually support your development.
- Take advantage of our discounted gym memberships and health insurance, voluntary health check reimbursements and various other exciting health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Be supported throughout your program by our mentors, subject matter experts and Graduate Program Coordinator.
Is this position for you?
To make a meaningful contribution to our team, you will need:
- A degree in a science or technical related discipline where a specialisation in health, safety or environment is desirable. You must have graduated from this degree within the last two years.
- To be committed to rotate to our operational sites throughout the program (Kingaroy and Rockhampton). There may also be a short rotation in Brisbane.
- The ability to interpret relevant HSE legislation, regulations, standards, codes of practice and risk management principles.
- Knowledge of OHS management systems such as ISO45001.
- The ability to communicate at all levels, internal and external to the organisation with interpersonal skills to relate effectively to stakeholders and customers.
- To Work under broad direction, independently or as part of a team, on activities that may be self-initiated while meeting milestones and timelines.
- A passion for learning with a positive attitude and ability to take initiative to achieve outcomes.
We are a major provider of electricity and energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy customers throughout Australia.
We care. We adapt . We deliver . These values underpin the decisions that we make, the actions that we take and the way we interact with each other. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we ‘ll contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and deliver on our energy and social obligations under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan.
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 31 March 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.