Health Safety and Environment Advisor - Governance
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
- We Care, We Adapt, We Deliver
- The future in Australian Energy
- Located in Brisbane CBD
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
We care. We adapt. We deliver. These values are the driving force behind everything we do. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we will contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and we will achieve year-on-year reductions in our emissions intensity.
Stanwell are a supplier for energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia. Our corporate office is located in Brisbane CBD.
About the role
This is a full time opportunity located in Brisbane CBD
The HSE Advisor - governance role is to develop, operationalise and continuously improve the governance framework, structure, and tools to support HSE compliance and regulatory management, whilst providing technical support and advice to the HSE projects and governance team. This is achieved through communication and engagement with key internal and external stakeholders, while keeping abreast of legislative changes and requirements. This position will also assist the broader HSE team with HSE support and with the transfer of HSE knowledge and skills.
Key activities include:
- Work effectively as a member of the HSE Projects & Governance team, supporting operational governance, by delivering a professional service to the organisation.
- Promote a culture of good governance, ethics, integrity and compliance.
- Conduct HSE audits and investigations, ensuring effective escalation and flow of information, investigations, learnings, actions and audits.
- Develop the HSE governance framework, structure, and tools to deliver business outcomes.
- Travel to operational sites as required to deliver the outcomes of the role.
The following qualifications and skills are required:
- Experienced in performing HSE audits and investigations against the regulatory and ISO standards
- Knowledge in the application of relevant HSE legislative, regulatory obligations and governance / compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to develop reports, key performance indicators and targets to provide governance of systems and frameworks.
- Ability to analyse management systems/processes and recommend relevent governance tools
- Demonstrated success in developing and operationalising a governance framework across an organisation.
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Centrally located in Brisbane CBD
- Weekly pay
- Incentive scheme
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives available
- Access to learning and development on and off the job
- IP/TPD insurance units for Brighter Super members
- Exceptional safety culture
- Plus, a whole lot more!
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 05 June 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.