Environment or Health & Safety Student Internship
Job Type: Contract/temp
- We Care, We Adapt, We Deliver
- The future in Australian Energy
- Internship opportunity
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
We care. We adapt. We deliver. These values are the driving force behind everything we do. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we will contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and we will achieve year-on-year reductions in our emissions intensity.
Stanwell Power Station is a supplier for energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy users throughout Australia. Located 20 mins drive from Rockhampton Town centre.
About the role
This is a 3-month opportunity, with a 4 day working schedule from Tuesday to Friday.
We have an exciting internship opportunity for an Environment or Health & Safety student to oversee the waste management and disposal at Stanwell Power Station, ensuring proper handling and disposal of waste material to:
- Comply with current waste legislation
- Minimise the amount of waste generated;
- Conduct regular inspections of waste skips to confirm no contamination
- Provide information / advice to SWAs in the segregation and removal of waste
- Identify opportunities to improve waste management, increase recycling and reduce waste to landfill
- Manage the budget for waste disposal by raising PO for sampling analysis and receipting invoices
We are looking for an enthusiastic Environment or Health & Safety student who is motivated to learn as much as they can during their time at Stanwell. To be a contributing member of the team, you will need:
- A passion for ongoing learning and development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of initiative to promote our values in everything you do
- Knowledge of waste legislation
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications close: 11:55pm, 6 June 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.