Job Type: Full time
Sunwater has a permanent opportunity for an experienced SCADA Operator to plan, schedule, operate, monitor, trend and control all water distribution activities via remote controlled SCADA and other utilised operating technology (OT) to ensure efficient, secure and timely delivery of water resources to meet Sunwater’s customer standards of service.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor in Mareeba, you will operate, monitor, trend and manage all operational assets including dams, weirs, pump stations, major pipelines and irrigation systems predominantly via remote SCADA and other utilised OT technology. You will monitor and report on SCADA performance, predominately Total Channel Control and Citect SCADA systems, and you will conduct fault analysis for SCADA infrastructure assets managed by Sunwater and implement appropriate corrective solutions and/or report for appropriate action. In addition, you will:
- Review, investigate and respond accordingly to SCADA raised alarms
- Undertake routine and preventative maintenance activities on SCADA, OT and other remotely controlled infrastructure
- Participate in an on-call roster arrangements to ensure efficient water delivery and asset performance.
You will bring:
You will have strong SCADA analysis and operational skills and have the ability to organise and prioritise own tasks, develop and implement solutions to routine problems. Your ability to communicate well and operate effectively in a continually changing environment with peak workload demands, and to apply safe and environmentally responsible work practices will ensure your success in this role. In addition, you will have: -
- Qualifications or trade certificate in a related field with extensive experience in water distribution or Scada / OT systems essential
- Possession of Certificate III in Water Operations (or the ability to obtain one)
- Class ‘C’ driver’s licence for manual and automatic vehicles
- Operators must be physically fit to perform the manual task requirements of the position and work in confined spaces
What's great about working at Sunwater?
We are committed to delivering water for prosperity for our customers and providing our people with a dynamic and safe work environment, with a range of benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration and benefits (including 17.5% leave loading) aligned to an Enterprise Agreement
- Access to Sunwater's MyBenefits hosted by Reward Gateway
- Innovative, diverse organisation that puts safety first
- A focus on internal career development and progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- Contemporary health and wellbeing programs (‘Mental Health First Aid’ Skilled workplace recognition)
We know how important water is to the livelihoods of our more than 5000 irrigation, industrial, commercial and urban customers, and to Queensland’s overall economic wellbeing. Our purpose is clear at Sunwater – ‘Delivering water for prosperity’. We are responsible for providing around 40 per cent of all water used commercially in Queensland. That’s more than 1300 gigalitres a year.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast paced and customer focused business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application. For further information visit www.sunwater.com.au.
Sunwater acknowledges the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the land upon which we operate. We pay our respects to the Elders past and present and extend that respect to all First Nations people who reside on this land.