Job Type: Full time
You will undertake routine mechanical preventative and corrective maintenance, installation and modification work and troubleshooting tasks to restore pumping systems, valves and equipment associated with the operation of pipelines and bulk water storages. You will undertake meter reading and meter maintenance activities and install water service delivery infrastructure as required and manage contractor activities in conjunction with supervisors to provide information and safe access to assets for operational and maintenance tasks to enable them to safely complete their contract services.
You will bring:
We are seeking an experienced tradeperson with the ability to participate actively in a team environment with responsibility for the execution of mechanical and maintenance and operational activities to ensure assets are maintained and operated to meet or exceed customer expectations. You will perform the duties of a high voltage switching operator’s assistant upon attainment of competency and to perform isolations for mechanical access. In addition, you will have:-
- Qualifications as a Fitter, Fitter-Mechanic or other suitable trade
- Class ‘C’ driver’s licence
- Confined Space; working at heights and elevating work platforms certificates, or ability to obtain them
- Dual trade qualifications i.e., Instrumentation, Mechanic, Boilermaker or similar will be highly regarded
- Heavy rigid licence and other equipment licences, e.g. Forklift, EWP will be highly regarded
What's great about working at Sunwater?
We are committed to delivering water for prosperity for our customers and providing our people with a dynamic and safe work environment, with a range of benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration and benefits (including 17.5% leave loading) aligned to an Enterprise Agreement
- Innovative, diverse organisation that puts safety first
- A focus on internal career development and progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- Contemporary health and wellbeing programs (‘Mental Health First Aid’ Skilled workplace recognition)
We know how important water is to the livelihoods of our more than 5000 irrigation, industrial, commercial and urban customers, and to Queensland’s overall economic wellbeing. Our purpose is clear at Sunwater – ‘Delivering water for prosperity’. We are responsible for providing around 40 per cent of all water used commercially in Queensland. That’s more than 1300 gigalitres a year.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast paced and customer focused business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application. For further information visit www.sunwater.com.au.
Sunwater acknowledges the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the land upon which we operate. We pay our respects to the Elders past and present and extend that respect to all First Nations people who reside on this land.