Cadet Operator Maintainer - St George
Job Type: Full time
Sunwater is looking for a Cadet Operator Maintainer (max term 2 year position), based at EJ Beardmore Dam near St George. In this entry level position, you will develop skills and grow within the business, learning all aspects relating to water supply infrastructure activities.
You will receive a combination of training, both accredited and on the job, some of which will relate to but is not limited to the daily operation and maintenance of bulk water storages, industrial pipelines and irrigation schemes. Under the direct supervision of your Line Leader, you will:
- Assist to undertake operations, preventive, corrective maintenance work to the required standard and within the required timeframes
- Assist in fault analysis of operational and maintenance issues
- Assist to maintain surveillance of water supply infrastructure
- Complete all administrative tasks associated with the duties and responsibilities of the position
We are looking for someone with good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships. You will have basic administrative skills, including the ability to use relevant computer programs. You will hold a class ‘C’ driver’s licence for manual vehicle/or ability to gain within 6 months, plus have a level of physical fitness to perform the manual task requirements of the position, be able to swim, and after completing the required training, work in confined spaces and maintain competency in confined space and rescue. You will also have the ability to obtain Certificate II and Certificate III in Water Operations.
What’s great about working at Sunwater?
We are committed to delivering water for prosperity for our customers and providing our people with a dynamic and safe work environment, with a range of benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration and benefits (including 17.5% leave loading) aligned to an Enterprise Agreement
- Innovative, diverse organisation that puts safety first
- A focus on internal career development and progression
- Contemporary health and wellbeing programs (‘Mental Health First Aid’ Skilled workplace recognition)
- Access to Sunwater's MyBenefits hosted by Reward Gateway
We know how important water is to the livelihoods of our more than 5000 irrigation, industrial, commercial and urban customers, and to Queensland’s overall economic wellbeing. Our purpose is clear at Sunwater – ‘Delivering water for prosperity’. We are responsible for providing around 40 per cent of all water used commercially in Queensland. That’s more than 1300 gigalitres a year.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast paced and customer focused business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application. For further information visit www.sunwater.com.au
Sunwater acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first peoples of this country and Traditional Custodians of the land and water we rely on. We respect and value their continued sacred connection to Country, including the diverse, rich traditions, languages and customs that are the longest living in the world. We acknowledge their resilience in the face of significant and ongoing historical, cultural and political change within Australia. We recognise and value the importance of truth-telling today, and our role to listen and learn.