Job Type: Full time
Permanent Operator Maintainer position available at Chinchilla. The Operator Maintainer is responsible to ensure water distribution and system monitoring activities as well as maintenance, refurbishment and enhancement of infrastructure as required. You will be required to schedule, operate and control water distribution activities to meet Customer Standards of Service.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible to ensure water distribution and system monitoring activities as well as maintenance, refurbishment and enhancement of infrastructure, as required. You will be required to undertake preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance work to the required standard and within the required timeframes, where required. In addition, you will:-
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in compliance with Environmental and WH&S requirements and relevant Sunwater policies, standards, and business rules
- Undertake fault analysis and implementing solutions to operational and maintenance issues.
- Maintain surveillance of water supply infrastructure and provide feedback on asset condition and performance
- Procure or request the procurement of goods and services as required to carry out the work, through the approved procurement process (including supervising contractors)
You will bring:
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Trade certificate, highly desirable
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, Certificate III in Water Operations and Dam safety training, Certificate III in Water Treatment Operations, Exemption 38 boat licence
- Class ‘C’ driver’s licence for manual vehicle
- Operators must be physically fit to perform the manual task requirements of the position, be able to swim, work in confined spaces and work at heights
What’s great about working at Sunwater?
We are committed to delivering water for prosperity for our customers and providing our people with a dynamic and safe work environment, with a range of benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration and benefits (including 17.5% leave loading) aligned to an Enterprise Agreement
- Access to Sunwater's MyBenefits hosted by Reward Gateway
- Innovative, diverse organisation that puts safety first
- A focus on internal career development and progression
- Contemporary health and wellbeing programs (‘Mental Health First Aid’ Skilled workplace recognition)
We know how important water is to the livelihoods of our more than 5000 irrigation, industrial, commercial and urban customers, and to Queensland’s overall economic wellbeing. Our purpose is clear at Sunwater – ‘Delivering water for prosperity’. We are responsible for providing around 40 per cent of all water used commercially in Queensland. That’s more than 1300 gigalitres a year.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast paced and customer focused business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application. For further information visit www.sunwater.com.au
Sunwater acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first peoples of this country and Traditional Custodians of the land and water we rely on. We respect and value their continued sacred connection to Country, including the diverse, rich traditions, languages and customs that are the longest living in the world. We acknowledge their resilience in the face of significant and ongoing historical, cultural and political change within Australia. We recognise and value the importance of truth-telling today, and our role to listen and learn.