Principal Procurement Advisor - ICT
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to the General Manager, Procurement, you will be responsible for the delivery of optimal strategic procurement and commercial outcomes within the ICT business unit, as well as provide procurement leadership and governance advice in accordance with Sunwater’s procurement policy. This role will also bring thought leadership to the role as to drive a continuous improvement philosophy and sustainable business environment for Sunwater and its suppliers. This role is critical to ensuring Sunwater’s procurement function achieves its vision of ‘Buying better together’. Other responsibilities include:
- Provision of ICT strategic procurement plans (inclusive of Category plans) whilst maintaining governance and consistency with State Procurement Policies.
- Establish and manage early engagement of ICT procurement and planning, risk assessment and strategy development for respective Business Unit third-party spend.
- Co-create and execute the development and implementation of ICT procurement plans to support the respective Business Unit third-party spend.
- Develop best practice sourcing strategies, category plans and procurement Initiatives focused on optimal outcomes for the ICT business unit
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical and supply chain risks to minimise negative impacts on ICT category objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation.
You will bring:
We are seeking an experienced professional with demonstrated extensive experience in delivery of high-quality sourcing strategies and variable models including global sourcing initiatives, expert knowledge of category management and associated strategic procurement disciplines and expert knowledge of various legislation impacting on procurement including Queensland Procurement Policy (QPP), Sale of Goods, Trade Practices, Chain of responsibility, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. You will also have a demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, including strong skills in negotiation and advocacy. In addition, you will have:-
- Minimum 5 years operational experience in the development and implementation of category management plans for complex contractual arrangements.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in account management for suppliers delivering a range of services to customers in asset intensive industries.
- Broad experience in the use of contract precedents and different styles of contracts for the procurement of goods and services.
- High level of project management skills for cross-functional delivery
- Sound understanding and a good working knowledge of all applicable Government and Legal Regulations and Requirements.
- Flexible, adaptive, innovative and capable of multi-dimensional problem analysis and solving.
What’s great about working at Sunwater?
We are committed to delivering water for prosperity for our customers and providing our people with a dynamic and safe work environment, with a range of benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration and benefits (including 17.5% leave loading, aligned to an Enterprise Agreement)
- Innovative, diverse organisation that puts safety first
- A focus on internal career development and progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- Contemporary health and wellbeing programs (‘Mental Health First Aid’ Skilled workplace recognition).
We know how important water is to the livelihoods of our more than 5000 irrigation, industrial, commercial and urban customers, and to Queensland’s overall economic wellbeing. Our purpose is clear at Sunwater – ‘Delivering water for prosperity’. We are responsible for providing around 40 per cent of all water used commercially in Queensland. That’s more than 1300 gigalitres a year.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast paced and customer focused business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application. For further information visit www.sunwater.com.au
Sunwater acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first peoples of this country and Traditional Custodians of the land and water we rely on. We respect and value their continued sacred connection to Country, including the diverse, rich traditions, languages and customs that are the longest living in the world. We acknowledge their resilience in the face of significant and ongoing historical, cultural and political change within Australia. We recognise and value the importance of truth-telling today, and our role to listen and learn.