GM ICT Delivery
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will provide leadership and management of the ICT Delivery team which comprises of a mixture of employees, contractors (service and agency) and external delivery partners. You will have overall management of the delivery pipeline (including the Technology Portfolio) with support of appropriate governance forums. This includes execution of a 5 year program of work across multiple business processes and technology platforms.
This is an exciting time to join the Sunwater team to help us facilitate the modernisation of our systems and platforms through effective partnership with ICT Operations, Information & Data Services and Operational Technologies teams.
You will design and implement short and long-term resourcing and delivery plans to ensure delivery capacity and capabilities support the required delivery objectives of the business.
You will bring:
Extensive experience in people leadership, team management and proven project management capabilities with successful delivery of complex business transformation projects. You will have proven experience in managing a dynamic delivery pipeline of projects, managing external delivery partners and experience in multiple delivery methodologies and frameworks. In addition, you will have:-
- 10+ years ICT project management experience (business systems and/or operational technologies)
- Five or more years of leadership responsibility including team management, budgeting and people management/staffing
- Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across the organisation
- Strong analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong capability in visible field leadership and an ability to develop staff including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the technical team
- Degree level qualification in Information Technology or Project Management
What's great about working at Sunwater?
We are committed to delivering water for prosperity for our customers and providing our people with a dynamic and safe work environment, with a range of benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration and benefits
- Access to Sunwater's MyBenefits hosted by Reward Gateway
- Innovative, diverse organisation that puts safety first
- A focus on internal career development and progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- Contemporary health and wellbeing programs (‘Mental Health First Aid’ Skilled workplace recognition)
We know how important water is to the livelihoods of our more than 5000 irrigation, industrial, commercial and urban customers, and to Queensland’s overall economic wellbeing. Our purpose is clear at Sunwater – ‘Delivering water for prosperity’. We are responsible for providing around 40 per cent of all water used commercially in Queensland. That’s more than 1300 gigalitres a year.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast paced and customer focused business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application. For further information visit www.sunwater.com.au
Sunwater acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first peoples of this country and Traditional Custodians of the land and water we rely on. We respect and value their continued sacred connection to Country, including the diverse, rich traditions, languages and customs that are the longest living in the world. We acknowledge their resilience in the face of significant and ongoing historical, cultural and political change within Australia. We recognise and value the importance of truth-telling today, and our role to listen and learn.