Job Type: Full time
About the Role
In the role of Cost Controller, you will contribute to the commercial sustainability of the newly formed Engineering Professional Services Partner (EPSP) collaborative arrangement through the provisions of advice, expertise and operational delivery of day-to-day costing/financial, contract and project administration services and information whilst ensuring the service provided is timely, effective and responsive to project team requirements. You will organise and/or assist with the ordering, purchasing and supply of the EPSP requirements to allow project and contract delivery related work to proceed in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Commercial Manager in reviewing and evaluating claims and submissions by the EPSP under the contract, make recommendations and prepare all associated correspondence.
- Undertake financial and timesheet transactions in relation to daily costing, revenue claims in projects and work orders using various SunWater packages including SAP for financial transaction reconciliation
- Monitor the financial position of project and work orders and ensure only correct charges are being debited to projects or work orders and provide early warnings to management of any deviations beyond predetermined limits
- Undertake "End of Month" and "on request" financial reporting to enable accurate project or work order tracking and to indicate the overall financial position of various projects. Prepare financial documentation in liaison with relevant line managers to facilitate service requests and ensure correct recording of financial transactions.
- Provide support, advice and expertise on costing and financial administration matters to project/team members
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Service Orders and change requests, and performance reporting
- Support the Administration of the contract in accordance with approved terms and conditions and procedures and update contract details to maintain the integrity of contract information
- Ensure good governance is maintained in all financial and administration responsibilities
- Support continuous improvement planning and implementation strategies in consultation with GMs and EPSP and ensure lessons learnt are brought into the way the wider business works.
Key requirements include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role in a client-side project delivery environment
- Demonstrated experience in the use and management of financial system including SAP, SAP S4HANA Modules such as CO & FI to perform transactions, execute reports and analyse data
- Knowledge of both pre and post contract with claims experience.
- Demonstrated experience of job costing, purchasing and accounts
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of monthly cost reports
What’s great about working at Sunwater?
We are committed to delivering water for prosperity for our customers and providing our people with a dynamic and safe work environment, with a range of benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration and benefits (including 17.5% leave loading) aligned to an Enterprise Agreement
- Innovative, diverse organisation that puts safety first
- A focus on internal career development and progression
- Flexible working arrangements
- Contemporary health and wellbeing programs (‘Mental Health First Aid’ Skilled workplace recognition)
We know how important water is to the livelihoods of our more than 5000 irrigation, industrial, commercial and urban customers, and to Queensland’s overall economic wellbeing. Our purpose is clear at Sunwater – ‘Delivering water for prosperity’. We are responsible for providing around 40 per cent of all water used commercially in Queensland. That’s more than 1300 gigalitres a year.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast paced and customer focused business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
For further information visit www.sunwater.com.au
Sunwater acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first peoples of this country and Traditional Custodians of the land and water we rely on. We respect and value their continued sacred connection to Country, including the diverse, rich traditions, languages and customs that are the longest living in the world. We acknowledge their resilience in the face of significant and ongoing historical, cultural and political change within Australia. We recognise and value the importance of truth-telling today, and our role to listen and learn.