Job Type: Full time
When you join SYSTRA ANZ you can expect to be part of a connected, passionate team that are motivated to find innovative solutions. SYSTRA ANZ is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values difference. We provide a collaborative environment, supporting our employees to achieve career goals and maximise their potential.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Engineer/Manager to join our team in Melbourne. The M&E Engineer/Manager will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the M&E systems, ensuring their performance, reliability, and compliance with industry standards and project requirements.
- Develop and implement comprehensive mechanical and electrical (M&E) systems for the road tunnels.
- Design and oversee the installation of M&E systems, including lighting, ventilation, fire protection, power supply, and communication networks.
- Ensure compliance with relevant codes, standards, and regulations in the design and installation of M&E systems.
- Collaborate with project teams and stakeholders to identify key performance indicators (KPIs) for M&E systems.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation frameworks for assessing the performance and reliability of M&E systems.
- Conduct regular inspections and assessments of M&E systems to identify any issues or maintenance requirements.
- Investigate data and reports to assess the performance of M&E systems, identifying areas for improvement and optimization.
- Coordinate with contractors and vendors to ensure the timely installation, testing, and commissioning of M&E systems.
- Provide technical guidance and support to project teams on M&E-related matters.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging technologies in mechanical and electrical engineering for road tunnel projects.
The following is our desired list of qualifications and experience, but please do not be discouraged if you do not meet all of them. We value your unique strengths, your willingness to learn, and your aspiration to achieve success.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or in a relevant field.
- Proven experience in mechanical and electrical engineering roles for infrastructure projects, particularly road tunnels.
- Strong knowledge of M&E systems and their integration within road tunnels.
- Familiarity with codes, standards, and regulations related to M&E systems.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools for M&E design and analysis.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
SYSTRA offers a range of benefits to our employees. We provide ongoing opportunities for professional development, including support to obtain Chartership status, and continuous learning and development programs. Additionally, we cover the cost of professional memberships and subscriptions. We understand the importance of work-life balance and offer flexible working options, as well as paid parental leave. Our workplace culture values diversity and inclusivity, and we are proud to be Work 180 endorsed. We also offer generous employee referral incentives to reward and recognize our employees.
At SYSTRA ANZ we value diversity of thought and experience. We encourage applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders and people from diverse backgrounds.
Our values are centered around Connected Teams, Excellence and Bold Leadership