Tools Improvement Specialist
Location: Irvine, California, Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Essential Functions / Key Areas of Responsibility:
The main tasks are:
- Assess and Challenge current supply chain tools and provide employees with support/training on implementing new tools.
- Using data and analytics to highlight and prioritize opportunities for improvement
- Lead the development and execution of new tools to make supply chain operation work easier/leaner.
- Constantly propose initiatives/recommendations to drive continuous improvement within supply chain.
Minimum Requirements: Skills, Experience, Education, Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Certifications, Language:
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree with 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Supply Chain/Procurement experience
- SAP proficient (Key SAP skills/SAP Training)
- SAP Certifications
- Solid capability of project management with proven ability and skills to track and report project performance on scope, technical details, schedules, and financials (budget/savings/ROI)
- Ability to develop project plan, quality control goals as well as lessons learning opportunities
- Demonstrates effective consulting, negotiating, influencing and persuasive skills to diverse audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with all levels within the organization
- Executive-level presentation skills
Problem solving skills:
- Possess a combination of characteristics, including strong strategic, critical and problem-solving thinking; strong detail- and results-orientation; and decisiveness/Assertive.
- Analytical, able to simplify complex problems, develop and drive resolution to implementation and deliver results
- Ability to think "outside the box" and leverage data responsibilities to help drive performance improvements
- Problem resolution ability with a high degree of motivation, enthusiasm, thoroughness, integrity, and reliability
- High proficiency of Microsoft Office to include PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, MS Teams, etc.
- High degree of personal accountability and be able to manage self emotionally and professionally, as well as able to hold other people accountable.
- Possess demonstrated leadership and collaboration with functional teams to deliver results
- Constructive confrontation and issue resolution capability
- Proven self-starter, with a positive “can do” attitude and a high learning capacity
- Capable to challenge the status quo and asking common sense questions
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while dealing with disruptions and change in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment; someone who sees ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity rather than a hurdle
- Agility, able to quickly adapt in a complex, multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
- Procurement Management or ISM certifications
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt or equivalent Lean problem solving skills preferred
- Global Project Management experience
- Experience particularly in the field of In-Flyt Experience and/or Aviation connectivity
Typical office environment
Special Position Requirements:
Ability to travel domestically and internationally, estimated up to 15% travel annually.
The above has been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position with or without notice and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with [a] criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Successful applicant must comply with federal contractor vaccine mandate requirements.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.