Property Operations Supervisor
The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Full time
As a Property Operations Supervisor at The Star Sydney, your main purpose will be to lead the safe and effective delivery of strategic and functional outcomes for the Property Operations Management teams. You will focus on coordinating personnel on shifts and draw upon your professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve efficient completion of all required maintenance works. As a developing leader within the business, you will look for opportunities to improve systems and streamline processes, leading change and creating a more fulfilling workplace for your team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Property Operations Manager in the development and implementation of a business plan across the property operations
- Coordinate resource requirements during each shift to ensure business demands are met
- Oversee the operational functions of the property operations, to achieve the departmental objectives in conjunction with division and company performance indicators
- Set specific performance objectives (daily, monthly and annual) for direct reports, supervising task completion and impact on service flow
- Monitor the productivity of the Facilities team members, reviewing and discussing Maximo reports monthly
- Assist with the implementation of daily, weekly, monthly, six monthly and annual preventative maintenance programs
- Experience in a Property Supervisory role, ideally overseeing large teams in a fast-paced environment with a focus on coaching, development and change management
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Asset, Maintenance or Facilities Management (desired)
- Strong ability to build and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Experience dealing with unions, ER matters and trades
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About our culture
At The Star we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Silver Award 2021 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.