Injury Management Specialist
The Star Entertainment Group
Location: Gold Coast
Job Type: Full time
A rare opportunity to facilitate outcomes, drive improvement and build a culture!
Reporting to the Group People Risk Partner, the Injury Management Specialists (IMS) role is to manage, coordinate, promote and monitor the rehabilitation and sustainable return to work for team members with work-related injuries.
This is a dynamic and fast-paced role where you are a part of something bigger!
As IMS, you will maintain strong working relationships with the business units and divisional human resources teams to ensure positive outcomes are reached for rehabilitation and return to work activities. You will work closely with injured or ill team members and will be able to effectively communicate and partner with them through each stage of the rehabilitation process while being resilient to any challenges they may present along the way.
You will have specialist IM knowledge and administrative skills to manage injury processes end to end and complete work within company policies, procedures and statutory requirements. As a business that operates 24/7, you understand that this role will require proactive management of injury processes to ensure adequate systems are in place for the times when you are not working from the office.
You will have experience in a similar Rehab/Injury Management role in a large multi-purpose organisation knowledge of and experience in workers’ compensation in a self-insured environment with an understanding of NSW legislation and guidelines are essential.
- Permanent, Full time role with competitive salary package + bonus
- Both parental and secondary carers leave available to all employees
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and dry-cleaning services
- Complimentary meal on site every day, including hot meals, sandwich bar and more
- Discounted parking + other transport options (dependent on property)
- Groupwide Diversity and Inclusion strategy for LGBTQI, Gender, Culture and Indigenous
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience in injury management in a large and complex organisation
- Return to work accreditation in NSW
- Sound understanding of relevant legislation including NSW Workers Compensation Act
- Knowledge of and experience in workers’ compensation in a self-insured environment
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.