Senior Technical Analyst Network Communications
The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Part time
The Star Entertainment Group is a leading owner and operator of integrated resorts and casinos in Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Our Group is experiencing an exciting time of growth and targeted investment across all our properties.
Our industry is fast paced, highly competitive and our operations are broad and dynamic. We operate across culturally diverse segments within local and international markets. Our commitment is that every one of our guests enjoys a thrilling experience and that reflects a local pride in everything we do. We understand that true teamwork drives outstanding outcomes for both our team members and for our guests.
A fantastic opportunity to join a high performing team and fantastic culture!
Reporting to the Network Technologies Lead you will provide a star quality service to your internal stakeholders and ensure that performance obligations of Casino systems and infrastructure are met. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and /or optimising server and storage software and hardware infrastructure, network software and communication links.
A dynamic and fast paced role where you hold the cards
Central to the success of the role you will manage and administer operating systems, support Development staff, Operations Analysts and end users to define systems goals, and identify and resolve system issues. You will coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end user reviews for modified and new infrastructure. You will proactively generate and compile reports based on findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems availability and performance issues. Showcase your experience and bring your security and risk skills to our organisation; deploy and maintain hardware and perform all host security activities. Plan and implement for contingencies across our operating systems, databases, networks, servers and software applications.
Key Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3yrs experience
- Experience in supporting configuration environment
- Confidence in scripting languages
- Exposure to web services Apache/PHP (LAMP)
- Solid exposure cloud platforms including Amazon and Azure
Other key deliverables in this position will include:
- Analyse day to day functions and processes of software and database resources to ensure they are performing within pre-determined guidelines
- Provide recommendations that address existing potential trouble areas in infrastructure across casinos Property and provide on call technical support.
- Ensure compliance is met in line with all policies for The Star Entertainment Group
- Performing all other related/ project duties as required
- General knowledge of virtualisation platform - VMware
- General knowledge of machine data analytics - Splunk