Senior Workforce Scheduler
The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Full time
We encourage our team members to harness their natural strengths and interests and explore diverse roles via a multitude of career paths. We are hoping to fill this role internally and welcome applications from current team members.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Workforce Planning Manager, you will lead a team of Workforce Schedulers to manage rostering needs across the business, ensuring compliance with company policy, objectives, and legislative requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading, training, and developing the team to ensure delivery of quality outcomes for the business
- Creation of daily run sheets in a timely manner, including adjustments to rosters that reflect daily leave information and ensure adherence to the Star Enterprise Agreement, budgetary requirements, policies, procedures and statutory requirements
- Guarantee rosters are prepared in accordance with Enterprise Agreement, approved skill qualifications/requirements, policies and procedures.
- Ensure all requests are actioned in an appropriate manner, including the monitoring of relevant mailboxes
- Communicate policies and procedures to all team members, ensuring operational and quality service standards are maintained
- Assist with the maintenance of database records for all team members to monitor leave, absenteeism, turnover, team member movements and resignations, ensuring information is recorded in the correct database and complies with Star policies and procedures
- Complete administrative requirements around purchase orders and invoices.
- Ensure all manuals, operating processes and guidelines are kept up to date with appropriate information
- Conduct regular audits to ensure all processes are being followed as per Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsibility for training of all new team members, including processes and systems training
- Experience in a high-volume rostering environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional service to your customer base
- Well-developed communication skills
- Natural inclination towards a work practice that demonstrates continuous improvement and quality output
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality
- High level attention to detail and strong organisational skills
About our culture
At The Star we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace which we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.