Senior Manager Financial Crime Assurance
The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Full time
Senior Manager Financial Crime Assurance
The Star is growing through our transformation and renewal strategy, for this reason we are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Manager Financial Crime Assurance to lead the Financial Crime Line 2 Assurance function. This position will develop a comprehensive financial crime assurance program with reporting and escalation of key areas of risk.
What’s required day to day?
- Develop, implement and manage a quality assurance process
- Oversee the performance of assurance assessment of AML/CTF business outputs.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process enhancements, innovation and the use of best practice approaches to drive continuous improvement.
- Research and engage with industry and regulatory guidance to maintain a working knowledge of current and emerging financial crime risk and better practices employed in managing and mitigating risk.
- Review and advise on business change programs in relation to financial crime, including changes to program requirements, technology and procedures.
- Participate in relevant management and AML/CTF governance forums.
- Lead the Financial Crime Line 2 Assurance team, with responsibility for team recruitment, performance management and development, capacity planning and strategic work plans.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Financial Crime.
- Promote, strengthen and participate in a FC risk aware culture
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent Full Time role with leave entitlements
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants, bars and accommodation
- Diversity & Inclusion areas of focus include Multicultural, Gender, Aboriginal & Torres Strait islander and LGBTQI+
- Both parental and secondary carers leave available to all employees
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and discounted laundry services
- FREE meal in our Employee Dining Room including hot meals, sandwich bar, salads & more!
- Discounted Parking available & Free Light Rail from Central station to The Star
- Career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 5 years’ experience in an assurance, compliance or risk management role in a casino / gaming environment, bank, corporation or government agency.
- Tertiary studies in a subject which requires a high level of critical analysis and independent research is desirable, e.g. Auditing, Business, Law, Economics, Accounting.
- Possess industry relevant Membership Associations and globally recognised Accreditations (e.g. ACAMS certification, ICA certification) is desirable.
- CAMS (Audit) certification would be highly favourable.
- Demonstrated success in influencing, leading and managing others.
- Experience in project and change management and business analytics.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team.
- A track record of timely project delivery, overcoming hurdles and complex issues.
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.