The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Part time
We have an opening for a Porter to join our Hotel Guest Services team at Treasury Brisbane! As the first point of contact for guests and visitors, this essential role is key to ensuring guests have a memorable experience.
As you greet and direct guests, you will also support with transporting and storing luggage to ensure arrivals and departures are seamless. Local knowledge will be necessary to support with enquiries including details about property and community-based events.
What are we looking for?
- Flexible availability including morning, afternoon, night and weekends
- Solid customer service experience with a confident and outgoing personality
- Willingness to assist with heavy lifting (e.g moving & transferring of guest luggage)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Local knowledge of Brisbane and surrounding areas
- Full Drivers licence
What can we offer you?
- A permanent part time or full-time position
- 30% staff discounts across our award-winning venues on all 3 of our properties
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu every day at our Employee Dining Room
- Uniform laundered and ready for you daily on property
- An organisation that values diversity, teamwork and bringing your best self
- Groupwide Diversity & Inclusion focus areas including LGBTQI, Multicultural, Gender and Indigenous
Treasury Brisbane showcases old-world opulence of a five-star hotel; the non-stop excitement of Brisbane’s only 24-hour casino; the thrill of live entertainment; the glamour of exclusive fashion events; the tantalising taste of unique restaurants.
Expected to open in 2023, the $3.6 billion Queen’s Wharf development is set to transform Brisbane. This world-class integrated resort will be a game-changer – creating a vibrant new tourism playground within the CBD and putting Brisbane on the map as a tourism, leisure and entertainment destination.
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.