Anti Money Laundering Assurance Advisor
The Star Entertainment Group
Location: Brisbane, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
The AML Assurance Advisor is a key member of our team as you will use your experience to deliver a wide range of assurance and control assessments to our business. You will be essential in ensuring products, services and performance aligns with The Star’s AML/CTF Program, governance policies and compliance obligations.
About your new role
- Assist with assurance assessments of AML/CTF risk management controls to determine if functionality supports effective business operations (fit-for-purpose) to achieve The Star’s AML/CTF compliance obligations.
- Assist with periodic assessments of AML/CTF business outputs to determine if outcomes meet governance and standards required to fulfil The Star’s AML/CTF compliance obligations. Determine what enhancements to controls may be required to improve outputs.
- Develop reports on findings and recommendations for escalation to the AML Compliance Officer.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of AML/CTF governance, policies, standards and processes.
- Undertake market research and analysis to identify and report on ‘best-in-industry’ practices that may enhance The Star’s current AML/CTF Program.
- Permanent Full-Time role with multiple leave benefits
- 30% Discounts across award winning restaurants and accommodation
- Diversity & Inclusion areas of focus include Multicultural, Gender, Aboriginal & Torres Strait islander and LGBTQI+
- Both parental and secondary carers leave available to all employees
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal with a new menu every day
- Discounted Parking available in the city
- Career development, training, and courses via The Star Academy
- The Star is an Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity awarded by WGEA
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in an assurance or risk advisor role or similar role.
- A comprehensive understanding of relevant statutory compliance and AML/CTF legislation.
- Experience in risk management or assurance and strong analytical and critical thinking skills,
- Industry relevant Membership Associations and globally recognised Accreditations or tertiary qualifications is desirable but not essential
- A track record of timely delivery, overcoming hurdles and complex issues
The Star Entertainment Group’s vision is to be Australia’s leading integrated resort company. Attracting 18 million guests each year, The Star Entertainment Group’s properties across Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast are world class tourist destinations that offer visitors a diverse selection of award-winning restaurants, bars, cafes, accommodation, and entertainment options.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique wellbeing needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and has been recently awarded GOLD status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.
It's your move
Make your next move by clicking the link below.