Assistant Manager - In Room Dining
The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a passionate and motivated hospitality professional to join our In Room Dining team as the Assistant Manager. You will be highly motivated to coach and train a team of 40+ Food and Beverage Servers and Supervisors overseeing the In Room Dining operation for over 600 luxury hotel rooms across The Darling and The Star Grand.
What can we offer you?
- Permanent Full-Time role with respective benefits
- Onboarding and training in your department, with ample support from senior leaders
- 30% Discounts across award-winning restaurants and accommodation across Sydney and Queensland properties.
- Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- FREE buffet meal, sandwich, and salad bar with a new menu every day at our Employee Dining Room
- Free light rail from Central to The Star
- $10/day parking available on the property
- Joining an established, talented and large team; with endless career growth and development opportunities
Reporting to the F&B Manager Premium Services, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all team members are meeting standard operating procedures of Forbes Travel Guide standards of service
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the amenity set-up and delivery
- Demonstrated ability in planning and resourcing people and products, performance management and controlling labour costs and operating expenses
- Responding to guest feedback and implementing processes to prevent reoccurrence
To be successful you will have:
- Previous management experience in a premium hotel environment, knowledge of Forbes standards highly regarded
- Strong stakeholder management experience, people leadership and team engagement skills
- Proven ability in developing positive relationships and driving change
- NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol
Are you ready to take on this exciting opportunity? Apply now and join our outstanding team!
The Star Sydney is a well-known and established entertainment and resort destination! With multiple food and bar destinations, luxury accommodation and multiple event venues including the Sydney Lyric Theatre and Star Event centre; there is always something to do or see at The Star. The biggest games can be found in our 24/7 Sports Bar, live large and loud! With a wide range of entertainment and service offerings, our guests are always back for more.
At The Star, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and people with disabilities.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.