Steward | Treasury
The Star Entertainment Group
Job Type: Casual
Our Stewarding department is looking for hard-working and dedicated Stewards to join our team and ensure the seamless operation of all our Food & Beverage outlets. Treasury Brisbane offers the city’s finest restaurants, the coolest casino and five-star accommodation!
Stewards are a crucial element in our operations, performing such tasks as handling, washing, and maintaining all operational equipment and utensils, as well as maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen areas and looking after the maintenance of workstations and equipment.
What can we offer you?
- Free meals are provided on every shift
- Casual position to suit your available working hours + penalty loadings
- 30% discounts across our restaurants and hotels
- Freshly laundered uniform ready for you daily
- Generous Lifestyle discounts including gym memberships and laundry services
- Hands-on management support with on-the-job training to mentor and guide you to make you a successful team member
- Outstanding team culture in line with our diversity and inclusivity values.
What are we looking for?
- Flexible availability to work on a rotating roster that can include early mornings and overnight shifts.
- Previous experience with Commercial dishwashers and in high-volume kitchens is desirable
- Great communication skills as part of a large team
- Self-motivation and flexibility to work individually and as a team as required
- Ability to focus and prioritise a number of tasks.
Treasury Brisbane showcases the old-world opulence of a five-star hotel; the non-stop excitement of Brisbane’s only 24-hour casino; the thrill of live entertainment; the glamour of exclusive fashion events; the tantalising taste of unique restaurants.
Expected to open in 2023, the $3.6 billion Queen’s Wharf development is set to transform Brisbane. This world-class integrated resort will be a game-changer – creating a vibrant new tourism playground within the CBD and putting Brisbane on the map as a tourism, leisure and entertainment destination.
At The Star, we’re committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that we know will contribute to exceptional experiences for our guests, a great place to work for our team members and positive outcomes for our communities. We welcome applications from all cultures, ages, religions, genders, LGBTIQ+ people, Australia’s First Nations Peoples, and people with disabilities. We offer a range of flexible working options for team members to find the balance between work and life that’s right for them and their unique well-being needs.
The Star is a Founding Partner and Major Corporate Partner of Women in Gaming and Hospitality (WGHA) and is recognised with a Gold Award 2022 by the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace.