Senior Product Public Relations Specialist
Location: Port Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Oh What A Feeling!
At Toyota we celebrate individual differences. You don't need to meet 100% of the criteria to apply. We'd still love to hear from you.
We're working towards a future where we look out for each other and our planet. Where we enrich lives with the safest and most responsible ways of moving. This is the kind of tomorrow we're imagining here at Toyota.
Our people are on a mission to create a future mobility society, where movement is possible and accessible for everyone.
For example, Toyota is developing a range of sustainable mobility services and transportation solutions to better help you and our planet: from battery electric vehicles to remote-controlled robotics (you may have seen these at the Tokyo Olympics!).
We've also just launched KINTO, a car sharing and car rental service to support both our Environmental and Mobility goals.
We are heavily invested in sustainability; Toyota's ambition is to achieve zero emissions by 2050.
Toyota is a place where difference is celebrated. We strive to create a workplace that not only gives equal opportunities to people of all backgrounds and abilities but supports them to reach their full potential.
We do this through employee community engagement, mentorship programs, and our annual Women's Conference.
Our two longest serving employees have been with us for over 42 years. We're also proud to have more than 100 employees over 25 years' service. Together, we are Toyota.
What you'll contribute to
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Product Public Relations Specialist to join our National Marketing division on a full-time permanent basis.
The National Marketing Division is responsible for planning, coordination and execution of all national marketing, brand, internal & external communications, digital, public relations, and customer relationship management in order to position Toyota as the customers' brand of choice throughout and beyond the entire product lifecycle and contribute to achievement of sales volume, market share and profitability objectives.
The Senior Product Public Relations (PR) Specialist is primarily responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of policies, plans and objectives with respect to product PR to optimise public awareness of Toyota vehicles and contribute to the achievement of sales volume, market share and profitability objectives for Toyota products in Australia.
This role is based in Port Melbourne with flexible work arrangements.
How you'll make an impact
- Coordinate the ongoing relationships with Australian media and act as the key contact for media representatives with respect to all product related PR activities to optimise public awareness of Toyota vehicles.
- Coordinate the development of press kits and press releases, and project manage product PR events to optimise public awareness of Toyota vehicles and contribute to the achievement of sales volume, market share and profitability objectives for Toyota in Australia.
- Provide specialist support for PR and events agencies, and other suppliers to secure delivery of services at expected quality and at optimal cost. Collaborate and build relationships with selected suppliers, supporting processes and projects, ensuring timelines are met and all product information is correct.
- Coordinate and facilitate forums to ensure that product PR plans, progress and issues are clearly communicated to all stakeholders.
- Implement and review agreed product PR systems, processes, and procedures consistent with set policies to achieve Toyota sales and customer attraction objectives.
- Provide advice on and assist managers in the development of PR policies and standards to maximise efficiency and impact of PR campaigns and activities including updating and maintaining reporting systems to provide the business with timely and accurate information.
Your attributes - If you've got one or more, we'd love to hear from you!
- Degree qualification in business, marketing, engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience in marketing or product planning roles that included media relations aspects.
- Background and strong experience in product knowledge and the automotive industry.
- Formal media training and experience in project management (highly desirable).
- Collaborative and self-motivated with strong communication, attention to detail and time management skills, with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot tables).
Life at Toyota & What we offer you
We pride ourselves on a work culture that supports and rewards people. From development programs to recognition programs, we make sure everyone at Toyota Australia lives their best possible life. After all, our people are our greatest assets.
Toyota Australia is well-recognised for offering:
- Flexible hours and workspaces & a school holiday program
- Career Development plans & Promotions and Rotations Program
- 14 weeks paid primary carers leave & 4 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers
- Wellness facilities & Employee Assistance Program
- 5 days paid domestic and family violence leave
- 13% superannuation & a yearly contribution to your private health insurance
- Paid volunteer days to support your community
- Partially or Fully Subsided Motor vehicle
Make your impossible, possible & apply today!
You're welcome to find out more by visiting our careers page: www.toyota.com.au/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments you may need.
We don't require a cover letter or selection criteria to be addressed.
Come with us and help create the future.