Head of Corporate Finance
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a highly experienced Finance professional to help lead strategic finance projects and manage Transgrid’s corporate finance functions.
Reporting to the General Manager of Strategy and Corporate Finance your new role will see you lead senior managers in the Finance team to ensure that Transgrid develops and executes a sound financial strategy. You will take carriage of financing and funding strategies, working with the Treasury team to achieve these, and management of visibility of investment pipeline for the broader Finance team.
We are looking for a confident leader who can inspire their team and drive outstanding performance. You are a leader focussed on developing their team to have a customer and stakeholder engagement mindset and deliver excellence in this area. You will engage, support, motivate and develop capability and potential in others with finesse and ease encouraging and collaborative behaviours in a highly matrixed organisation.
- Experience leading teams
- Extensive experience with managing detailed financial analysis and the evaluation of investment proposals
- Extensive experience with understanding and managing the needs of investors, and identifying the levers that drive shareholder value
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem solving, including developing practical solutions in uncertain environments
- Advanced stakeholder management skills, including working with senior executives, Boards, and investors
- Advanced business and commercial acumen and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in driving business performance
- Tertiary qualification in finance, economics, accounting or similar. A Masters or MBA would be highly regarded
- A background in corporate finance, corporate development, management consulting, investment banking, or similar fields
- Experience working with funds in unlisted infrastructure or private equity would be highly regarded
- Knowledge of the Australian energy sector & background in working in a highly regulated environment
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate. If you feel you meet the requirements of this position, please apply today.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
Transgrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on 26 March 2023
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas