Transmission Line and Cable Design Engineer
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical, Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering required
- 15.5% Superannuation | 9-day fortnight | Fitness Passport
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of an organisation dedicated to nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on-demand energy and large-scale storage for many generations to come.
The Transmission Line Design Engineer will provide advice, designs and reports, and develop standards in accordance with project objectives and stakeholder requirements and will manage, and complete design work associated with transmission lines and cables layout design and prepare designs for construction projects and team deliverables.
The work will include, but not be limited to route selection, PLS-CADD modelling, line schedules, stringing tables and charts, rating assessments, design reports, site verification, drawings, specifications and design standards.
The successful candidate will complete projects or assignments autonomously and provides technical designs through to ‘Issued for Design’ status and also act as a support and technical resource for other members of the team.
- Degree qualification in Electrical, Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in all of the functional layout design areas of a transmission line and/or cable; fully proficient and has specialised expertise in a range of technical processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of appropriate Australian and International Standards and Codes of Practice relevant to the design of a transmission line and/or cable.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to the preparation of designs and specifications.
- Ability to complete, review and approve project designs with external consultants.
- Proficient in the use of engineering design software including PLS-CADD (required), CDEGS (desirable), CYMCAP (desirable) and business systems such as Bentley ProjectWise, Microstation and other design software to develop designs.
- Working knowledge of design quality assurance processes to ensure that designs meet quality requirements.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the requirements and application of Safety in Design.
- Ability to promote a high standard of professionalism, effective communication and personal integrity within the design team.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on Tuesday 28 March 2023
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received. We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas