Service Desk Manager
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- 9-day fortnight | 15.5% Superannuation | Fitness Passport
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of an organisation dedicated to nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on-demand energy and large-scale storage for many generations to come.
In your new role you will manage the day-to-day IT Service Desk and Desktop teams to ensure adequate resource coverage across the business and to deliver a consistent level of customer service.
This includes putting mechanisms in place to monitor Service level agreements, being the escalation point for customers, quality assurance, resolving issues in a timely manner and acting as the Major Incident Manger when required.
You will also contribute to and deliver the IT Service Management functions and contribute to regular reviews of IT Service Management policies and procedures.
- Tertiary qualification or significant experience in a similar role leading local and remote teams, internal and external teams.
- Experience developing and managing Service Desk teams.
- Experience with ITSM platforms – ServiceNow highly desirable.
- Experience managing small to medium teams and managed service providers against contract to ensure service delivery targets are met.
- Experience establishing a continual service improvement culture.
- Experience managing quality assurance.
- ITIL certificate foundation v3 or v4, additional ITIL certification levels highly desirable.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to articulate ideas clearly to technical and non-technical people.
- Initiative in problem solving, liaise with and manages vendors, be able to research new technologies and be able to convey ideas at a senior level in both verbal and written form.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on Friday 31 March 2023
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received. We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.