Control Centre Engineer
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a dynamic Control Centre Engineer to play an essential role in operating Transgrid’s High Voltage network.
You will be someone who is an expert in facilitating safe access for work on High Voltage apparatus, outage planning and customer management. You will have a systematic approach using computer-based tools to analyse the impacts that outages may have in a complex interconnected High Voltage Network reducing margin of operation.
You will be experienced in reviewing outage plans and contribute to scheduling, sequencing, or co-ordination to minimise impacts to the High Voltage Network and external customers.
The rapid growth in renewable generation has increased the complexity of operating the high voltage network and delivering the necessary outage program. With your exceptional stakeholder skills, you will work closely with customers and expectations while achieving optimal outcomes for the end consumers.
You will be someone who can provide a high-quality output of work with speed and a high degree of attention to detail. This role aligns with TransGrid’s hybrid working arrangements and gives the benefit of working from home and in the office.
The Successful Candidate
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Sound knowledge or experience in the relevant areas of planning, operation, construction, and maintenance of electricity transmission systems
- Communicate effectively with a range of persons including customers, suppliers, contractors, other technical experts, and senior management (written and verbal)
- Sound knowledge of high voltage and secondary equipment used in power systems; power system protection; automatic control systems and their application in power system operation
- Sound knowledge in energy market, power system analysis, and operational planning
- Sound knowledge in relation to the application of Safe Systems of Work and how these can be applied in order to allow safe and efficient access to the High Voltage system to perform work
- Sound knowledge in regard to High Voltage system outages and their impact on system security, reliability, customers, and the national electricity market.
- Well-developed system analysis skills that can be applied to develop functional specifications and testing plans for new or upgraded operating tools/systems.
- Provide technical oversight to other technical staff within the group
- Comprehensive understanding of risk management – qualitative and quantitative
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Applications close on 2nd April 2023
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas