Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Based in Sydney - flexible work arrangements
- Award winning and Family Friendly organisation
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of an organisation dedicated to nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on-demand energy and large-scale storage for many generations to come.
As the Environmental Planner you will be responsible for:
- Delivering and completing environmental planning advice and approvals
- Developing and delivering high quality and timely environmental assessment documentation and approvals
- Developing and implementing environmental practices and procedures to deliver best practice management of Transgrid’s environmental planning obligations
- Providing specialist environmental advice
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, communities, and government entities, to deliver timely and efficient advice and information
- Using Transgrid GIS to deliver environmental assessments, environmental advice and environmental mapping
The position reports to the Environmental Planning Manager.
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualification at degree level in an environmental planning/ management related discipline.
- Good understanding and demonstrated experience in the use of geographic information systems related to environmental planning and management.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in the management and preparation of environmental impact assessments in NSW in accordance with Part 5 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
- Experience in the management of contracted environmental specialist services.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-manage, work under pressure and work in a team environment.
- A current driver’s licence.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Applications close: Friday 2 June 2023.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.