Substations Asset Strategist (Senior Substations Asset Engineer)
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- Access to gender-neutral parental leave and flexible working
- Access to corporate discounts and benefits including Fitness Passport
- Based in Sydney – Eastern Creek
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of an organisation dedicated to building renewable energy projects that will provide on-demand energy and large-scale storage for many generations to come.
In your role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of renewal and maintenance strategies and plans for Transgrid’s substation primary assets. The aim is to achieve best practice performance and effectively balance the asset cost, risk, and performance over the entire asset lifecycle. You will combine technical knowledge of high voltage assets and associated infrastructure with risk and asset management principles to achieve our network objectives.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing and implementing asset management strategies, preparing business cases for asset renewals and ensuring our assets are safe and reliable. You will also liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that asset designs and plans meet corporate, customer, and regulatory expectations.
As the Substations Asset Strategist, you will also be responsible for asset performance, technical issues, ongoing improvements programs, and risk and contingency management for network assets.
This role sits within Transgrid’s Asset Management group and reports to the Asset Manager – Substations Portfolio.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar with extensive experience in engineering practice related to design, maintenance, construction, and asset management of relevant assets.
- Sound technical knowledge of the design, construction, operation, maintenance, asset planning and/or analysis of high voltage equipment and supporting infrastructure in substations.
- Sound understanding of the concepts and application of risk management.
- Relevant experience working in a utility, utility environment or asset intensive industry.
- Commercial acumen and understanding of asset investment justification.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relating to the construction and maintenance of relevant assets, safety issues and the environment.
- Ability to apply both technical and economic components in the evaluation of options for solution of asset management issues.
- Well-developed people, communication, and service management skills.
- Excellent written communications skills for persuasive reports, presentations, and submissions.
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills including utilising data sets.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a larger interdisciplinary team.
- Skills and experience in change management.
- Knowledge of various computer systems and quality assurance procedures.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools, and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on 9th June 2023
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received. We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.