Director of Energy Storage
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- 10.5% Superannuation | EAP | Fitness Passport
- Location: Sydney NSW
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of an organisation dedicated to nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on demand energy and large scale storage for many generations to come.
Reporting directly to General Manager of Infrastructure and Integrated Solutions we are seeking an experienced Director of Energy Storage to be accountable for making a significant contribution to investment and earnings growth for Lumea via the development and delivery of grid scale Energy Storage projects.
As a key advocate for Energy Storage projects, in addition to building, driving and maintaining a team and originating and delivering investment opportunities, the role will involve proposing appropriate commercial models and investment criteria and representing Lumea externally with customers, suppliers and potential partners.
Supported by funding arrangements that meet investment requirements the role will be responsible for developing viable commercial products for customers, that include regulatory, legal, community, government and stakeholder needs along with program and budget to deliver energy storage solutions.
The role will also lead commercial Energy Storage projects through working collaboratively with teams across Lumea and Transgrid as well as external service providers, consultants and advisers.
- An in-depth understanding of the energy market and industry, ideally expertise in the NEM and energy storage revenue and market opportunities
- Experience and demonstrated ability to close new investment opportunities in the electricity infrastructure sector.
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills to build client relationships and deliver customer focused solutions
- Excellent communication skills for persuasive presentations and reports, up to Board level and at industry conferences
- Breadth of business acumen covering a diverse range of commercial models
- Understanding of capability enabling a business development pipeline
- Experience identifying risk/revenue trade-offs and developing new development opportunities and solutions that match an agreed risk profile
- Ability to bring different parties together to deliver successful negotiations, including collaboration with legal team on contract negotiations
- Development and delivery experience in large scale infrastructure projects
- Demonstrable skills dealing with complex financing and financial models to support infrastructure development
- Proven resource and people management skills, both technical and commercial
- Sound knowledge of financial principles relevant to development, delivery and operation of electricity infrastructure assets
- Thorough understanding of the concepts and application of risk management
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
Transgrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on 11 June 2023
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.