Asset Development Engineer
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- Based in Sydney – Ultimo or Eastern Creek with hybrid work arrangements
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Award winning and Family Friendly organisation
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of an organisation dedicated to nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on-demand energy and large-scale storage for many generations to come.
We have multiple roles available for both Asset Development Engineer and Asset Development Senior Engineer. As Asset Development Engineer or Senior Engineer, you will contribute to the provision of specialist commercial and technical advice across the entire asset lifecycle for new network developments. This includes collaborating with key stakeholders to develop optimised solutions and asset strategies for network developments across all aspects of the asset lifecycle.
The Asset Development Engineer/Senior Engineer leads:
- Development of optimised commercial and technical solutions for all aspects of the asset lifecycle, including performance requirements, asset standards, commissioning requirements and operations and maintenance requirements
- Interfacing the delivery of asset concept, design and development services to ensure alignment with the asset management system and compliance with regulatory requirements while balancing asset risk, cost and performance
- Assessment of site works and commissioning compliance against specifications, approved designs and commissioning plans
- Ensuring asset commercial and technical decisions are supported by appropriate risk management strategies in collaboration with SMEs
- Updates to technical standards for the organisation, including reviewing, updating and driving innovation in design and equipment standards and monitoring the effectiveness of these standards
- Input to bids and regulatory submissions and processes.
The Asset Development Engineer/Senior Engineer will be required to liaise with key external stakeholders and internal stakeholders including Executive Managers, Major Project teams, Asset Managers, Network Planning and Delivery teams to achieve optimal network development and asset outcomes.
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Degree qualification in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in relevant high voltage infrastructure asset management and development is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in High Voltage Substations and Transmission Lines infrastructure asset management across the asset lifecycle, project development or project delivery
- Experience in the application of risk management to support asset management decision making
- Experience reviewing performance requirements, functional specifications and standards to identify both technical and commercial impacts on network developments
- Experience preparing proposals and inputs to financial modelling
- Knowledge of NEM development, including AEMO’s ISP and NSW EII Roadmap
- Excellent written communications skills for persuasive reports and submissions
- Highly-developed analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Applications close: Wednesday 27 September 2023.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.