Finance Director - Major Projects
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
- Opportunity to make a real difference and leave a legacy.
- Career defining Major Projects Portfolio within the renewable energy sector.
- Join a high performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team.
- Based in Ultimo (Hybrid role)
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to play a key role in the development of nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on-demand energy and large-scale storage for many generations to come.
As the Finance Director - Major Projects you will be accountable for facilitating best in class reporting on cost, schedule, providing assurance to the business that costs are accurately forecast, and risks controlled.
The Finance Director will work closely with the Project Director and broader project leadership team to drive reporting, training and mentoring standards and acting as the 2IC to the GM Finance – Major Projects at a functional level.
What we expect from you:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications at degree level in finance, accounting or a related field and relevant demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated experience and success in finance management within the construction, engineering, or heavy industries.
- Collaborative and decisive behaviour style.
- Integrity and commitment to ethical practice, equity, and diversity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human resource concepts and practices and how these are applied within an organisation.
- Developed analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple priorities and projects.
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools, and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close: 10 October 2023.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas