Assistant Treasurer (Funding - Lumea)
Job Type: Full time
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- 11% Superannuation | EAP | Fitness Passport
- Location: Sydney NSW
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be part of an organisation dedicated to nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on demand energy and large scale storage for many generations to come.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Treasurer to be responsible for managing the capital planning and funding requirements of the Lumea business, whilst providing support to the Group Treasurer and the rest of the team as required on other funding matters.
This position is required to lead the effective execution of funding transactions, project structuring and provide expert advice on capital management strategies to the Group Treasurer, Chief Financial Officer and the Lumea business.
Transgrid Treasury manage circa $8bn of debt facilities for the Transgrid's prescribed business and an associated portfolio of interest rate swaps, cross currency swaps and FX hedging transactions. In addition, the Treasury team manages a further $1bn of debt facilities and associated hedging transactions in relation to the contestable Lumea business.
The Treasury function will play an important role to support the ambitious growth plans for the Lumea’s business. This will require providing financial and structuring advice to determine and execute the appropriate capital funding structure, provide recommendation on appropriate ratings strategy, maintenance and expansion of key banking relationships, further diversification of funding sources over time and working closely with the wider finance teams and other internal stakeholders to analyse complex scenarios, whilst maintaining compliance with Board approved policies. The role will also support the Group Treasurer to transform and shape a ‘best in class’ treasury function.
- Degree qualification in finance, accounting, commerce or similar quantitative discipline
- Membership of the Australian Corporate Treasury Association, FINSIA or Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants or Institute of Chartered Accountants is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in corporate treasury/project finance role with PPP experience and risk assessment in a large corporation or utility sector
- Expertise and solid experience in origination and structuring of financial transactions, raising debt, refinancing and restructuring of existing debt and familiarity with the various debt capital markets.
- Strong demonstrable experience in financial forecasting, risk modelling and analysis of treasury issues
- Understanding of the regulatory and accounting framework relevant to a large corporation, preferably in the energy or utility sector
- Commitment to accountability for achieving timely, high-quality outcomes in the delivery of challenging tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to engage and influence to build trust and credibility in stakeholder management.
- Customer focus with ability to build rapport with business partners, effectively impart specialist advice and become a trusted advisor.
- Excellent resource management and business planning skills, committed to a forward-thinking and innovative culture to drive continuous process improvement.
- Demonstrable experience in business performance and process improvements
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
Transgrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on 2 September 2023
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.