Job Type: Full time
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible and dynamic working environment
- Based in Sydney or Eastern Creek
- Award winning organisation
- Delivery of major multi-billion-dollar projects
Transgrid is building the transmission super-highway which will transform the energy supply for millions of Australians. New renewable generation is being built across the eastern seaboard and our grid will get that electricity to market.
We are building the critical infrastructure needed to enable the integration of renewables for a clean energy future, reduce the nation’s carbon emissions and help drive down the cost of wholesale electricity.
Our major projects are critical to the nation’s energy future and provide long- term benefits to electricity consumers.
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our VNI Major Projects team as a Development Engineer. In this role you will provide specialist engineering advice and support across the project lifecycle and lead development engineering activities for the project. The role is required to effectively:
- Communicate engineering strategies
- Adhere to the project's Governance and Assurance and Risk Management plans
- Follow Project Controls (Schedule and Cost), Project Tracking and Reporting
- Undertake project development activities such as report writing and running stakeholder workshops during the development phase
- Support the Engineering Manager's engagement with Transgrid's Executive Leadership Team, providing visibility to the project status, performance and plans
- Provide support to the project team to ensure the project is developed such that it may be delivered to meet the project's technical objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure collaboration and effective communication of the project between Transgrid business and the major project
- Implement the project management framework in coordination with the Transgrid PMO function (or similar)
This position is embedded within the major project team and reports to the Engineering Manager. The position will draw on technical support from the wider Transgrid team in ensuring major projects' engineering standards and practices meet Transgrid's standard requirements whilst ensuring the project's specific requirements are fulfilled.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in engineering or relevant discipline and/or relevant extensive experience
- High-level business and commercial acumen
- Highly collaborative and decisive behaviour style
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures applicable to the preparation of design and specification for high-voltage lines and substations
- High-level ability to think outside the box and drive change
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and report-writing skills
- Extensive experience in managing design activities for High Voltage Substations and Transmission Lines projects
- Extensive experience in managing project integration and third-party interfaces across multiple project workstreams
- project management qualifications at diploma or advanced diploma or degree level
- experience in contract management and negotiation
- experience in establishing contracts with and directing design consultancies
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To find out more about our Major Projects please visit:
Applications close: Monday 2 October 2023.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.