Senior Media and Communications Advisor
Job Type: Part time
At its heart, Transurban is about connecting people. That's why we're so committed to our communication and engagement program for our Major Projects and CityLink. You'll share that dedication as you inform change, increase engagement, and communicate our vision, strategy and values.
As the Senior Media and Communications Advisor, you'll lead strategic communications, media and internal communications for the West Gate Tunnel (WGT) Project as well as assist with broader Transurban and CityLink activities. You'll be playing a key role when it comes to identifying media opportunities, writing and producing content and managing and mitigating potential issues.
This is a permanent ongoing opportunity. This role can be done as full-time or part-time as a 4-day week.
The impact you'll have:
- Delivering communications that support the project objectives and milestones on appropriate channels. Such as online, video, social media, advertising, media relations and community relations.
- Produce communications content for internal and external project stakeholders.
- Reviewing content produced by project stakeholders.
- Proactively identify impacts of the project and work with appropriate parties to mitigate or limit.
- Build and maintain relationships with key project stakeholders, such as the government and construction contractor's communications staff and any industry partners.
- Identify and act on opportunities for positive media coverage. This involves developing and managing positive media relationships and delivering proactive activities for project milestones and operations highlights.
The talents you'll bring:
- Demonstrated experience within a similar communications and media role.
- You'll be comfortable operating in a fast paced project environment where you can deliver quickly. Any experience working with project communications and media is highly favourable.
- Naturally confident, you'll be adept at developing effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholder groups, often in challenging, time pressured situations.
- The ability to influence and negotiate with a variety of people.
- Utilising your intuition and nous, you'll be media savvy with a natural ability to identify positive opportunities and potential reputational issues, and to provide subsequent mitigation strategies.
- You'll possess exceptional verbal & written communication, public presentation and interpersonal skills aiding your ability to develop credibility and trust with stakeholders.
- If you have tertiary qualifications in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or the like and have experience working on large infrastructure projects or highly regulated industries, this would be highly advantageous.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
The rewards you'll earn
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - including remote & flexible working.
- We'll develop you the way you want, with, training and career planning.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities.
- We'll offer flexible leave, gender neutral parental leave policies
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're getting our roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they need to go and we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!