Risk Manager Projects
Job Type: Full time
At Transurban, we employ a strong risk culture and knowing and understanding our risks is integral to how we make decisions.
Reporting to the Head of Risk for Operations and Projects, the Risk Manager for Projects will proactively value and support risk management implementation and related risk activities on major projects and acquisitions across the NSW, Victorian and Queensland regions.
Accountable for leading the ongoing development of a robust, prudent, structured and holistic approach to risk management, the Risk Manager will demonstrate values and behaviours that help shape risk-based decision-making and promote a proactive risk culture that ensures the consistent and effective execution of the risk management function, critical to the success of our major projects.
The impact you'll have:
- You'll engage with and advise Project Directors and their leadership teams on all risk-related matters including emerging and strategic risks.
- You'll engage with risk peers and project teams to drive risk linkages across the business, share learnings and positive risk management practices.
- You'll coordinate the review and adoption of ERM policies and procedures and ensure support is provided to projects at an appropriate level.
- You'll facilitate and lead risk discussions and deliver project risk management training and workshops where appropriate.
- You'll support the production of risk management reports as required for project teams.
- You'll develop and implement a programme to embed risk management activities and local risk ownership including risk visualisation across projects.
- You'll support the Internal Audit team with delivery of the annual assurance programme across major projects by providing updates on key business and strategic risks and risk management activities.
- You'll support the development and implementation of business resilience activities within Transurban including the development of business continuity and emergency management plans as required by the Head of Business Resilience.
The talents you'll bring:
- You'll be no stranger to projects, with at least 5 years demonstrated experience in a project management role, ideally across major/ significant projects.
- You'll have a keen interest in risk with the ability to apply a risk lens to projects, demonstrating your appreciation and understanding of the risks associated in a major projects environment.
- You'll have a proven ability to think strategically and to share lessons learned and insights across projects.
- Ideally, you'll come from a construction, mining or infrastructure industry, aiding your ability to hit the ground running.
- You're receptive to the views of others with the ability to test and challenge respectfully and appropriately.
- You're autonomous, you accept accountability and responsibility, working collaboratively to achieve team and business objectives.
- You'll think bigger and always look for better solutions and ways of working.
The rewards you'll earn:
- We'll make sure you have the tools you need to work smart and live better - including remote working.
- We'll develop you the way you want, with study assistance, training and career planning.
- We'll offer flexible leave, 16wks paid parental leave and insurance and salary continuance.
- We'll help you be healthy with flu vaccinations and mental health support.
- We'll invite you to plenty of social activities, including ones that give back to our communities.
- A career here makes a difference you can feel.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you meet several of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
At Transurban we support flexibility and encourage you to talk to us about how this job could be flexible for you.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!